roof

decorators3

you have been helping me and I appreciate it.. but I have been at this roof for 4 hours yesterday  .. this morning I redid the roof planes over the garage.  but as you can see ( attached)one side has a slight return and the other a boxed eave.  Each time I re do it same result.  .  I am so frustrated  with  something so simple .  How do I get them both the same.  I checked the wall specification and roof specifications on each as  cant see anything different.  Am I missing a very simple step.. I've read the tutorial.. but am at a loss.

any help is accepted

Levina

Inkedhouse_LI.jpg

The roofs over the garage are not identical.

Check the settings on the general panel and note the differences like the fascia top height.

An easy way to fix this is delete one of the roofs and then Copy, Reflect About Object.

Select the centre of the garage or closet to copy reflect about.

You may have to then Join Roof Planes at the ridge.

As soon as both roofs are the same, the roof returns will work. 

New Image_217.jpg

A good way to tell if there are any differences between objects is to multiple select the objects and open the dbx.

Any settings that are different will say No Change, or, if it is a check box setting, the check box will have a horizontal line instead of a check mark. 

Is there any reason why you are not building that roof automatically?

It could save you a lot of work.

This took about 3 minutes (although it may not be exactly what you want) and every roof plane joins properly.

887732531_NewImage_219.thumb.jpg.0f56fb6ae38f2103d556a20ef94195f0.jpg

I was under the impression that the OP wanted a full roof return.

Easy either way.

17 minutes ago, decorators3 said:

Here is what happened to my roof

roof  isues.jpg

For Auto to work well you need to make sure the Walls all have the correct Roof Directive Set first on the Roof TAB, it appears your Upper Story Wall is set to Gable , not Hip....

( the wall on the back of the house will need the same if not already set too)

image.thumb.png.3f6d6cea63e2bf50d69335be5c47bb57.png

Roofs_generating-automatic-hip-and-gable-roofs.pdf

9 hours ago, decorators3 said:

If I use build roof automatically it changes the manual roof planes i did 

That's the whole idea.

You should be able to build that roof automatically and then if you make any plan changes, the roof will rebuild to suit.

I don't know what to say.. THANK YOU SO MUCH  FOR ALL YOUR ASSISTANCE.  You make it look easy,.. which I guess it is.. I should have probably scratched the plan and started fresh instead of trying to fix it .. which only caused me more issues..but I was in a time crunch for renderings.  I read the tutorials and watch the help videos but sometimes I get lost.  This is a very important project for me... again please accept my thanks..

Levina