Plotter recommendation

MarkSM

I’m looking for a new plotter/printer and the three that seem to be the “go to” are the

-HP T130 and T530

-Canon iPF670

-Epson T3170

I do about half color and half black and white 24x36. I’ll need wireless connection, which I don’t think the Canon has. Wondering if any of you use my of these and what your experience is. Or any other one I’m missing under $2000. Thanks!

I've been happy with the HP T120 for a year. Prior to that, I used an HP 110+ for over ten years. No issues, other than the occasional orneriness. Be sure to use OEM print heads. I assume the T130 is even better, and about $1k. I suggest the proprietary stand as well. 

I have the HP T520 and can't complain...

before that I used an HP 450C. 

Before that I had an HP 1055CM but I didn't use it enough to justify the cost of replacing the large ink jugs all the time when they dried up. 

Before that I used an HP carousel pen plotter... that was fun to watch... you never knew where it was going to draw next on the paper.

• 10 months later...

My HP 450c was working till I updated my Win 10 Pro computer, now I can’t get it to work. Been trying for 3days to no avail. So I’m looking (need to replace it) I was hoping  to pick up an HP T520 but they’re no longer available, so I’ll probably go with the HP T530. Not a bad deal for $1,200. I usually just print con docs, occasionally a few pages in color. I did fine with the 450c so I’m sure the 530 will be as good. Can’t complain, the 450 lasted almost 20 years, but even with Win 10 before updating I was staring to have a few issues.  So unless I hear bad things about the T530....time to pull the trigger.

5 hours ago, DougDM said:

My HP 450c was working till I updated my Win 10 Pro computer, now I can’t get it to work. Been trying for 3days to no avail. So I’m looking (need to replace it) I was hoping  to pick up an HP T520 but they’re no longer available, so I’ll probably go with the HP T530. Not a bad deal for $1,200. I usually just print con docs, occasionally a few pages in color. I did fine with the 450c so I’m sure the 530 will be as good. Can’t complain, the 450 lasted almost 20 years, but even with Win 10 before updating I was staring to have a few issues.  So unless I hear bad things about the T530....time to pull the trigger.

Please review this thread for a fix to the Windows update breaking the connection to your printer.  Not sure if it's the same problem but it might help.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank Moe.   I'll try, even though I bought an HP T530...needed to get jobs done and printing couldn't wait.  I haven't heaved the 450 just yet so I'll check out your suggestion.