Window schedule numbering

wolftide45

I would like to show a window schedule on first floor and begin numbering for windows, say numbers 1-10.

Then, I would like to show a second floor schedule that picks up the numbering where the first floor numbering left off, 11-16 or whatever. Is this possible to do with the schedule feature?

I can write the macros for you (for a fee) but I'm pretty sure you would need to upgrade to X11 for it to work.  X10 might work but X9 doesn't have the required attributes.  The windows would need to have a custom field which would then be used as a column in the window schedule.

I keep all schedules in a CAD detail. Use one schedule, be sure to include a column for floor and keep an eye on number order. 

Send to layout page for Floor 1, crop so it doesn't show floor 2. Copy, go to second floor page, paste and hold position, then adjust to show only header, copy and paste in place, adjust second copy to show second floor align to header. 

Joe a few months back we tried on here (and I contacted support) to use a macro that added to the schedule number -does not work. The macro executes before the schedule number. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

I keep all schedules in a CAD detail. Use one schedule, be sure to include a column for floor and keep an eye on number order. 

Send to layout page for Floor 1, crop so it doesn't show floor 2. Copy, go to second floor page, paste and hold position, then adjust to show only header, copy and paste in place, adjust second copy to show second floor align to header. 

Joe a few months back we tried on here (and I contacted support) to use a macro that added to the schedule number -does not work. The macro executes before the schedule number.  

It has to be done by using a single schedule and a custom field.

I know it can be done because I've done something similar using the floor-number and simple_schedule_number attributes.

23 hours ago, wolftide45 said:

I would like to show a window schedule on first floor and begin numbering for windows, say numbers 1-10.

Then, I would like to show a second floor schedule that picks up the numbering where the first floor numbering left off, 11-16 or whatever. Is this possible to do with the schedule feature?

Easy, I do this on every plan. Once you have your second floor window schedule in place and set to display only the second floor windows, select one of the windows and hit the "down" button in the lower toolbar to move it down in numbering sequence. Keep hitting down (or UP) with each window to organize their number and place in the schedule as desired. See pic.

1238811824_ScreenShot2019-08-28at4_12_19PM.thumb.png.3b4113cd5cdb99ddcbfc739e623b6c06.png

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I know it can be done

So where were you when we were trying to solve this for someone on here. Michael had not luck and tech told me it couldn't.

Tell me what needs to be done to get the output to read properly in the schedule. The macro evaluates correctly, just not in the schedule.

image.thumb.png.454c6bfc1258b1433ad141930423236f.png

I could see using this in a different situation if it would work or I wouldn't have bothered calling tech.

Sched number macro.plan

3 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Guys, you can easily renumber the windows in a schedule using the method I described above. OOB, no macros.

Window Schedule.plan

Nice trick BUT you left out that you have to start with a schedule that first shows objects from all floors, then change it to show just the floor you are on.

If you start with a second schedule that only shows objects on a single floor the numbers start over and your trick doesn't work.

Tried this on a set of cabinet schedules by room. Thought this might make multiple schedules faster but alas not so good. Plan with say 50 objects placed at varied times so not in order. Reorder them with the buttons takes forever so reorder them by dragging. Copy schedule, change first schedule to specific room. Paste schedule and change to a different room. Numbers revert to original order and as noted moving by the icon for 50 items is a non starter for me. Too bad.

25 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Nice trick BUT you left out that you have to start with a schedule that first shows objects from all floors, then change it to show just the floor you are on.

Nope, I just did it again, started with a new OOB Residential template, and after changing Window Schedule defaults to NOT include objects from all floors, created a new schedule for each floor, and changed the two second floor windows from W01 and W02 to W03 and W04.

31 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

If you start with a second schedule that only shows objects on a single floor the numbers start over and your trick doesn't work.

It's not a trick and it DOES work for what the OP wants, without macros. That's the point of my post.

I've done this many times using copy/pasted schedules, new schedules, schedules from old plans... it works.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, wolftide45 said:

The simplest way to do close to what you want is to use a prefix that references the floor number. No macros, still very logical, and it matches the method of communication that you're aiming for. Include a legend that shows how the labeling works. It will also simplify your schedule numbering if you need to make a change after completion. It'd be a PITA to try to get , let's say, a new window #23 from the first floor to the second. Referencing each floor only can be logical and practical.

• Like 1