Latest version 21.3.1.1x64 Slower and have had some crashes?

zowie123

Don, I haven't noticed anything running slower or at least slow enough to catch my attention. Can you be a little more specific on what's going slower? As mentioned, I'll be watching the program a little closer today.

2 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

Don, I haven't noticed anything running slower or at least slow enough to catch my attention. Can you be a little more specific on what's going slower? As mentioned, I'll be watching the program a little closer today.

Pretty much across the board with all DBXs and any kind of view other than plan view.  It may have nothing to do with Chief, but whatever it might be, it coincided with the last update. No crashes or hangs; just some slowdown. I'll be interested to hear your observation. 

On 8/28/2019 at 7:18 AM, DG1949 said:

Pretty much across the board with all DBXs and any kind of view other than plan view.  It may have nothing to do with Chief, but whatever it might be, it coincided with the last update. No crashes or hangs; just some slowdown. I'll be interested to hear your observation. 

The only slow down I've noticed is placing electrical items. There's about a 4 to 5 second delay when placing. Nothing else is slower.

32 minutes ago, PamelaMellon said:

X11 crashes when placing imported models for specific lighting fixtures ( mostly) and materials.

7 minutes ago, idesign7 said:

I've had the same issues.  Crashed every time I tried to place in imported light symbol fixture :(

Please be sure to send those in to tech support so that they can figure out what the issue is and get it fixed.

Printing has become a real pain since the update. 

Program crashes midway during a print either PDF or printer. 

These are the only issues I have. 

I’ve resorted to snapping screenshots instead. 

On the plus side the “undo” function is much quicker.  Anyone else experience this?

1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

What does that mean?

If your scale is messed up like I have done by accident a few times when I have been in a rush.  You will run out of memory trying to plot out several acres of paper or even worse maybe a multiple of the actual size.

Ok, the problem fixed itself. (for anyone having the same issues)

It seems the recent MacOs update needed to get through a few days of rebooting to sort things out.

I upgraded Chief on the same day as a MacOs update, so that apparently is a bad idea...

Although I wasn't having printing issues with other programs.

All good now, but I was sure cursing Chief over the last few days.