How to control note schedule text size...

dshall

Hi Scott,

Try opening the Note Schedule Specification dbx>General panel>Object Preview Options>check Scale Images and uncheck Use Plan View Scale.

Select the Note Schedule and drag the width of the 2D Symbol column (the one that contains the labels) to change the label size.

The 1/8" roof plan is on left,  the 1/4" floor plan is on right,  if I click on the 1/8" roof plan,  text gets big,  if I activate 1/4" floor plan,  the text gets small.

In layout it looks correct........ if I open and close the 1/4" plan last.

In layout it looks incorrect........ if I open and close the 1/8" plan last.

IOW,  the last view closed is the one that effects the size of text.  

1557722833_ScreenShot2019-08-25at7_56_18AM.thumb.png.623daf7cdd06e2c4bafd8fe0c8263dd8.png    1760698114_ScreenShot2019-08-25at7_56_10AM.thumb.png.1be1f22fc439a49a1cabd758e6990ded.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, DRAWZILLA said:

I agree with Joe, all my note schedules  and in fact all my schedules are in a cad detail.

Perry,

Can you elaborate a little more on how you organize your note schedules?

I'm curious because I use a lot of your techniques and I have been struggling with how to not only organize them but how to save all the text (notes). Not sure If I should be saving the notes in my macros or as a schedule somehow.... It just seems awkward to me.

If you can, enlighten me a little

Thank You

I put all my notes and schedules on a separate cad detail file that can be accessed through the project browser. That way I can send each to the layout in my preferred scale.

I also save this with each plan so my schedule defaults remain the same.

Something like this...

I'd love to hear if anyone has a better method.

Schedule.JPG

7 minutes ago, Alchemyjim said:

I put all my notes and schedules on a separate cad detail file that can be accessed through the project browser. That way I can send each to the layout in my preferred scale.

I also save this with each plan so my schedule defaults remain the same.

Something like this...

I'd love to hear if anyone has a better method.

Schedule.JPG

I do the same thing but what I don't understand is;

When I make a note, is there a way to save the text for the note? If the note number gets deleted or moved you lose the text with it and its gone forever. You either have to retype the information or have it saved somewhere so you can cut and paste it.

I was thinking of using user defined macros to save the note.

21 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I do the same thing but what I don't understand is;

When I make a note, is there a way to save the text for the note? If the note number gets deleted or moved you lose the text with it and its gone forever. You either have to retype the information or have it saved somewhere so you can cut and paste it.

I was thinking of using user defined macros to save the note.

I may be misunderstanding the question, but you can simply save the note directly to your library.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I may be misunderstanding the question, but you can simply save the note directly to your library.  

Are you kidding me!

I don't even want to respond I feel so stupid. I cant believe I overlooked add to library. Even after all the hours of training I been through.

Thank You Michael !

• Like 1

Joe sorry buddy, late to the party.  

I really don't use the save to the lib. tool for notes. what I do is have my notes already to go in my template plan , its a lot easier to delete some then to create them each time. Mostm of my plan notes are not changed much but framing notes are creates each time and the schedule is already set up and ready to go, already sent to the template layout.   As you may know I have everything already sent to the layout, floors, foundation, sections ,elevations , notes, site plan and lot calc's. details etc..  Deleting is much faster than creating and as I change things it's automatic    1 plan template and 1 layout template.          

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Joe sorry buddy, late to the party.  

I really don't use the save to the lib. tool for notes. what I do is have my notes already to go in my template plan , its a lot easier to delete some then to create them each time. Mostm of my plan notes are not changed much but framing notes are creates each time and the schedule is already set up and ready to go, already sent to the template layout.   As you may know I have everything already sent to the layout, floors, foundation, sections ,elevations , notes, site plan and lot calc's. details etc..  Deleting is much faster than creating and as I change things it's automatic    1 plan template and 1 layout template.          

Yes, that is perfect because it is in line with everything else I'm doing! Same as you. I agree! Deleting is more fun than typing or searching!!!

The added step I'm taking is saving each note to the Library just in case I delete a note and I want to go back and recall it.

Thank You Perry!:)

• Upvote 1