Editing material list reporting

Renerabbitt

18 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Taking a first stab at using material lists to create a cabinet order,

I don't use the ML for cabinet orders, I use schedules.

To begin with I don't have moldings on cabinets. I prefer molding lines so I can control the side overhang (kept in a warehouse plan). Those have a macro for the label that determines the total to be ordered after accounting for cuts. The one I use the most just reads out a total length and I add up those and divide. When suitable I have another that does the division by sections and spits out number of sticks. BUT neither of those don't go into the schedule...

SO.

I have lengths in my library for assorted moldings with correct dimensions and labels. They are set to sink into floor, on dedicated layer, no fill, no line. Drag one from library, cop and paste in place until quantity is correct.  Advantages-numbered callouts on order/installers plan; easy to rearrange numbers, EZ to change molding type with Replace from,copy paste schedule into order form spreadsheet template.

5 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Advantages-numbered callouts on order/installers plan; easy to rearrange numbers, EZ to change molding type with Replace from,copy paste schedule into order form spreadsheet template.

Would you mind sharing an example?

21 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Would you mind sharing an example?

I'll get you something when back at machine which may be in the morning (packing,downsizing,moving,chaos) should be video and samples on here from a couple of years ago though.