Line drawing printing issue

Tdgdesign

My cross section views are using the Line Drawing technique, live view. Everything looks good in plan and layout but when I print to PDF my CAD solid fill boxes jump all over the place. It happens if I leave the drawing DBX to default or not. Really frustrating the heck out me! 

Edited PDF to highlight area where solid fill is not where it is in plan and layout. 

SHEA PROBLEM.pdf

1 hour ago, Tdgdesign said:

My cross section views are using the Line Drawing technique, live view. Everything looks good in plan and layout but when I print to PDF my CAD solid fill boxes jump all over the place. It happens if I leave the drawing DBX to default or not. Really frustrating the heck out me! 

Edited PDF to highlight area where solid fill is not where it is in plan and layout. 

SHEA TEST.pdf

I opened the pdf. I don't see your problem...Can you point it out?

image.thumb.png.5ce458abbec4d51031fdcb74bcbc1e9b.png

13 hours ago, Tdgdesign said:

Sorry I uploaded the wrong file! Should be correct now. 

Without a posted plan to examine, its difficult to zero in on the issue. That being said, I don't see the reason to use the 'line drawing' style for those sections. It will greatly reduce performance, and it looks to me like a 'vector view' will provide the same results, but with the benefit of more stability and increased speed.

53 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Without a posted plan to examine, its difficult to zero in on the issue. That being said, I don't see the reason to use the 'line drawing' style for those sections. It will greatly reduce performance, and it looks to me like a 'vector view' will provide the same results, but with the benefit of more stability and increased speed.

I like to use  Line Style during the early schematic phase to have control over the hand drawn appearance. 

10 minutes ago, Tdgdesign said:

I like to use  Line Style during the early schematic phase to have control over the hand drawn appearance. 

I get that, but in your posted pdf, it doesn't appear to show any of the characteristics that make 'line drawings' unique. Here's a thought. Perhaps experiment with 2 sections overlaid. 

A vector view in the back with all your structural items, maybe grayed out a bit, and then a line drawing on top with only architectural items visible. If you can reduce the number of items displayed in the line drawing, you'll get more speed and reliability, and some experimentation might still offer the style you want.

Yeah, I should have mentioned I turned the Line Style squiggle effects off for the post so as to not make it confusing. The problem of the shifted fill happens regardless of what I do to the nested options within that style. 

@Tdgdesign I've got a question: In the sample pdf, you've got the framed exterior portion of the building greyed out, but the foundation shows concrete fill. I'm sure you'll have a reason, just curious as to why? I'm not sure if that drawing was close to complete but I noticed the joining line for your greyed out polyline of the structure. Not sure if you are aware of the polyline subtraction tool that will create a clean hole in another polyline.

image.thumb.png.3a5b212d3a833d0bc6f06fac0c5b4d93.pngimage.thumb.png.cdd4825635130380916ddb38df41d10c.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

@Tdgdesign I've got a question: In the sample pdf, you've got the framed exterior portion of the building greyed out, but the foundation shows concrete fill. I'm sure you'll have a reason, just curious as to why? I'm not sure if that drawing was close to complete but I noticed the joining line for your greyed out polyline of the structure. Not sure if you are aware of the polyline subtraction tool that will create a clean hole in another polyline.

image.thumb.png.3a5b212d3a833d0bc6f06fac0c5b4d93.pngimage.thumb.png.cdd4825635130380916ddb38df41d10c.png

Yeah, drawing is far from complete. The grey fill is what I use to indicate wall or roof cavities filled with spray foam. Thanks for your input on this, very much appreciated.