Anyone else experiencing program crashes on the new update

Renerabbitt

I'm using it now to complete an enormous house plan and I did notice that every edit was slower, but I kinda forgot about the update and that it might be the reason. It's taking about 10-15 seconds to complete a simple task like moving a wall over by a few inches.

I'll do a restart and I'll let you know if I notice anything. If any file will cause a crash, it's the one I'm completing now!

Yep same here.  I updated Chief and since then two crashes in one day. I also noticed excessive time wait for tasks too. One was an SEH error, the other when I used the undo button the whole thing just closed up shop. I have all my drivers for everything updated.  I hope theres another update to the update to wrap X11 up nicely before X12 comes out for those of us who dont upgrade every year.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:35 PM, Renerabbitt said:

yeah this happened..ugh:

Any word back yet ?  Looks like you are closing with the text box selected. Might have something to do with macro execution. Is it reproducible with or without the text box selected ?

Before I downloaded the update I called tech support and they reassured me that there wouldnt be any issues if you update your drivers and video card drivers, so I did them all.  Still happened anyway so something definitely has changed.  The SEH error I cant remember what I did to trigger the error but I know from using the undo button on the second shut down it literally just closed up chief like I X'd out of it to close it for the day.  I had to retrieve the design I was working on through the arch auto save method.  No fun.

I'm suspecting a combination of the video card upgrade and the Chief upgrade... I am getting some bizarre 3D stuff going on.  And the program just shutdown AGAIN while working in 2D.

I am now working on a project in my other CAD program and I am not have any of these issues with the 3D renderings in that program but my screen did go blank when I did a quick animation and stayed blank until I clicked on the screen with my mouse, then the program came back???

Such behavior is commonly caused by a corrupt software driver. The last time I did have such a problem was back in X1 and I had a corrupt mouse driver which when updated the unwanted shutdowns ceased and did not return thereafter. I would check and update those first.

DJP

Thanks David.

Did the mouse driver and Chief didn't shut down on me this, But...

I am suspecting the Nvidia driver update last week may be the problem... I am getting strange results in both CAD programs now.  I am getting pointy things showing up and rays of solid planes and dark clouds in 3D???