Cross Referencing Layout Sheets

wjmdes

Most of my layout sheets have general notes such as SEE SHEET A7.1 FOR SCHEDULES.  On occasion, depending on the project, the sheet with schedules may change to A6.1.  Is there a way to reference a specific sheets label so if that changes it will change in the note and not have to do it manually?  I do not think there is, but trying to reduce some of the things I miss when doing a final review.

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

Most of my layout sheets have general notes such as SEE SHEET A7.1 FOR SCHEDULES.  On occasion, depending on the project, the sheet with schedules may change to A6.1.  Is there a way to reference a specific sheets label so if that changes it will change in the note and not have to do it manually?  I do not think there is, but trying to reduce some of the things I miss when doing a final review.

Never been happy with the layout labels/description having little to no correlation with the plan files.

You could use a simple text macro for your layout sheets but it would be cumbersome and possibly lead to more error.

Maybe someone else has a better solution, you can also make your sheet index and sheet labels in plan with a note and schedule.

I try to avoid putting anything but revisions in my (dumb)layout sheets