Dishwasher label

Tdgdesign

2 minutes ago, solver said:

The dishwasher takes the place of the cabinet.

Open it and adjust the label as required.

Oh, ok. Thank you. So  I need to make note of that so the correct amount of counter top gets created. Why cant we keep the cabinet in the schedule and suppress the dishwasher label? 

38 minutes ago, Tdgdesign said:

How does one suppress the label on this dishwasher? Once its in a cabinet I cant select it check the Suppress Label option. 

LABEL.jpg

You can select the cabinet, open Label tab, choose Specify Label, and leave it blank.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, solver said:

Get control of what?

Note what in the schedule?

If it kept the cabinet as a standard cabinet and let us choose to label the dishwasher as a nested item within the cabinet. That way the schedule would show a cabinet that could then be noted as counter top only, etc. 

On 8/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, Tdgdesign said:

If it kept the cabinet as a standard cabinet and let us choose to label the dishwasher as a nested item within the cabinet. That way the schedule would show a cabinet that could then be noted as counter top only, etc. 

I wouldn't go there. Whoever is supplying the  counter is not going to want to add up dimensions of parts to get a total run. Better off supplying them with a counter drawing by making a complete custom counter top, use an annoset with layerset that shows only counters and dimension default that puts dimensions on a dedicated layer. I keep a couple of cabinets labelled as DW and Do not include in schedule, in my user library.

1 hour ago, MarkMc said:

I wouldn't go there. Whoever is supplying the  counter is not going to want to add up dimensions of parts to get a total run. Better off supplying them with a counter drawing by making a complete custom counter top, use an annoset with layerset that shows only counters and dimension default that puts dimensions on a dedicated layer. I keep a couple of cabinets labelled as DW and Do not include in schedule, in my user library.

What is the problem with having it as an option? I always prefer to have the option to turn something off than have no option at all.  Plus for my high end projects I use a custom cabinet maker who supplies the whole kitchen turn-key, including the counter. It would be way easier for me, and they prefer it that way. Like I said, to at least have the control would be nice. I suppose Ill survive, though. ^_^

Possibly create a 25-1/2", frameless dishwasher cabinet?  Dishwasher will slide in, "cabinet" stays in tact and you have control over both labels. Dishwasher "cabinets" (really just 2 sides) are sometimes used for "orphaned", stand-alone dishwashers. Just a thought. 

The Cab that receives the DW is more than a CT, it's also, the toe (i color Charcoal).

More importantly to me, it can be sized quickly and NKBA dims attach to the sides as 24" (most DWs are slightly smaller - and the symbol may or may not be true.) You can change what the NKBA dim's go to.

If you really don't want the Cab, how about just placing the symbol in the plan? CA X11 will ask if you want to place it in the plan without the cab - just press yes. Suppress Label, done.