petty question about wall color

madcowscarnival

I haven't drawn anything in the new update, but I have opened some other folks plans to see if I could help with their questions (on the forum).  When I draw exterior and interior walls in a new plan from scratch, they are appearing gray and light gray rather than the old blue and yellowish.  Was this part of the update or did someones plan defaults change some of my settings?  It's not a problem, and I believe I know how to change the display if wanted.  Just curious.

The Change to Grey Wall fills was made in X10 AFAIK?, ( more ACAD like?) so if you still have Blue and yellow walls ( which I still prefer myself )  it is likely you are not using Chief's current OOB template but one brought forward from X9 or further back or like me you already change the default wall fills in the X11 default template (Residential Template.plan) back to Blue and Yellow and resaved it.

M.

I would assume there's potential for things to get a little screwy when using updated templates originating several versions back, so is there much benefit to be had from creating a new template in the current version if that's the case? Or could there be any new features we're missing out on by using an old template (besides grayscale walls)?