Wall Schedule/Legend

wjmdes

I am using the wall schedule as a legend and it works great, but I have to wait until the plan is complete before I can compile it.  Not sure if there is another option other than giving the walls a small paragraph as its wall type, which I am not sure a good option.  300862259_walllegend.thumb.JPG.6e2bb2e3998c55db8559cae5af66cf1d.JPG

After selecting the wall types I want to use, I go through each item in the schedule and add a more informative description.  However, if I then make a revision to the plan and add a new wall, I get another row in my schedule as this wall has the default description.

Curious if there is something I am missing to make this easier.  Being able to add a description in "Wall Type Definitions" would be the ideal answer.

I will give that a go, but that only works for a few walls and would not work if you have more than one interior wall.  This still requires me to do the schedule at the end.  Maybe Chief can add a description field for each wall type in the future.

What's wrong with my signature??

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

Maybe Chief can add a description field for each wall type in the future

You could also use the provided Description Field and put your own macro or Description there rather than %automatic_description%.

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

What's wrong with my signature??

X10 does not have Wall Schedules.

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

I will give that a go, but that only works for a few walls and would not work if you have more than one interior wall.

I don't understand, you can have as many different interior walls as you like.  You can have a whole library of walls.

Interior Walls.JPG

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I don't understand, you can have as many different interior walls as you like.  You can have a whole library of walls.

Yes, but the "description" is only going to work for the 9 walls you can make as a default.  The "description" is part of each wall segment on the plan and is not associated with the wall type, which I guess I was looking for.  So if I have 2 types of interior walls such as existing and new, I either have to wait until the end to create the schedule or cut and paste a wall to not mess up the schedule.  Similar to inserting a symbol, changing some info and then adding the symbol again.  It is the same symbol (or wall), but has the original info and now shows up in the schedule twice.  Walls are not as productive using cut and paste but would solve this issue.

This is really something chief should have, but you can set up your own toolbar for walls.  It would work in a similar way as a color pallet toolbar.

Not sure what you mean about waiting to create the Schedule ?  You don't even need walls to get the schedule started and it could even be part of your default plan.   As you draw and add walls it will add them to the schedule.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Not sure what you mean about waiting to create the Schedule ?

I had to wait because of the way I was doing it.  Using the schedule, I would change the description of all the walls. But if I added another wall it would be the original without the description and hence and another row.  So I waited till I was basically done as it could be a real pain to fix.  Putting the walls in the library should solve this issue.  However a verbal description in the actual wall type would be better, but it does not exist.