Auto Story Pole Text Size

Zoyvod

6 minutes ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.e0c286ae97b620477285c8df7090e30b.png

Thanks for the reply that changes the dimension number size but not the text size.

How to I get the font back to a normal size, I had it properly and somehow somewhere I have done something to a setting that has changed it.

wth.jpg

Thank-you for doing that but it still doesn't change the font size. However I just figured out how to change it, if I go into my site plan and select the terrain perimeter. Which is using the plot plan text style, then go into define, click edit and change the character height int the plot plan text style it changes the size in the Auto Story Pole...even though my Auto Story Pole is saying it using the 1:50 Text Style.....how in the heck does that work.

• 10 months later...

I tried everything, and I can change everything except the text size.  Is this just another Chief work around that wastes hours and hours of time?  Very frustrating to say the least.
In my case, changing the layer does nothing at all.

14 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

I tried everything, and I can change everything except the text size.  Is this just another Chief work around that wastes hours and hours of time?  Very frustrating to say the least.
In my case, changing the layer does nothing at all.

It is tied to the label text definition.  So the layer for the label has a text size default setting.  Change that to the size you want to use.

The automatic story pole dimension is made up of two separate parts, dimensions and markers.  You can control the text size and other properties of the dimension parts through the dimension default that it is using.  You can control the properties of the markers through the marker default it is using.  See the pictures below:

dimension default.png

marker defaults.png

Additional information about story pole dimensions can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/2431/using-the-auto-story-pole-dimension-tool.html

3 hours ago, EconBlueprints said:

I am still stuck.
I have a layer "Auto Story Pole Dimensions 2"
It is set to 3/8" Text.
The Dimesions Default is 3/8"
Dimensions re size, text does not.
It is on Elevation E1/A2
I appreciate all the help.

Nelson,_Building_Permit_Plan.plan

As Dermot already pointed out.  That text is controlled by the Marker Defaults being used.  Click on the Extensions/Markers tab.

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Here I've changed the left side as I show above, and the right side by changing the Marker Default.

Text is same size, marker on right is larger.

Wonder why this works for me?

I'm using the OOB settings in X12.

ct1.thumb.png.6d2914135e800a0a8e7c92a28b6a58cf.png

It's likely because your settings have your Marker Defaults set to Use Layer For Text Style whereas EconBlueprints does not.

Just to clarify...

The text used by the markers in the auto story pole dimensions is always controlled by the marker defaults specified for the story pole dimension (as in the picture I posted above).  The catch is that the marker defaults may be set to either use a specific text style, to use a custom text style, or get the text style from the layers.  This is true for all other markers as well.

The text used by dimensions in the auto story pole dimensions is controlled by the dimension defaults specified which could also use a specific text style, custom text style, or get the text style from the layers.  Just like every other dimension.

The important thing I was trying to point out was that the story pole dimension has the two different parts that are controlled independently.  So to change their appearance, you may need to use a different dimension default and/or a different marker default.

And yes, as Eric has pointed out, this is very flexible but can also be very confusing.  

marker text style.png

17 minutes ago, solver said:

Nice review Eric.  There are just SO MANY ways of setting these things up... it does get confusing.  
I know... I know... some will argue that it's nice to have the flexibility to do things in different ways, but it sure adds a heck of a lot of complication too.

3 hours ago, DzinEye said:

I know... I know... some will argue that it's nice to have the flexibility to do things in different ways, but it sure adds a heck of a lot of complication too.

Especially if someone is a newbie and trying to learn the software. I have been using this software since 1996 (3D Home before that) and I still get confused at times!:wacko:

2 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I have been using this software since 1996 (3D Home before that) and I still get confused at times!:wacko:

That makes me feel better!   I began with X7... really X8 because it came out shortly after I started and I swear that sometimes I still feel like a beginner.  The more I learn the more I realize I don't know.  I don't even begin to touch on the capabilities that many of you guys use this for.... framing layouts and material lists, costing etc..  I'm just happy being able to get a 3D model and from that get my basic set of plans done like I used to do with 2D AutoCad.