Converting PDF to Chief File

CraftHomes

I had requested from my previous drafter the chief files of our most popular plans he specifically had drawn for us, he had changed his career path and I cannot get in touch with him anymore.  I have thousands of dollars into these plans and I was wondering if these can be converted.  I am not familiar with the program at all, and would be interested in someone converting these plans and maybe maintaining these plans for minor edits etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

5812 Floor Plan.pdf

5 minutes ago, CraftHomes said:

I had requested from my previous drafter the chief files of our most popular plans he specifically had drawn for us, he had changed his career path and I cannot get in touch with him anymore.  I have thousands of dollars into these plans and I was wondering if these can be converted.  I am not familiar with the program at all, and would be interested in someone converting these plans and maybe maintaining these plans for minor edits etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

Just a thought, it may be more cost effective to request one as needed, converting to PDF can get pricey. Would you be willing to share one so we can see what the workload would entail?

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Just a thought, it may be more cost effective to request one as needed, converting to PDF can get pricey. Would you be willing to share one so we can see what the workload would entail?

It is a pretty basic floorplan...  I have a few edits I would like to make to it, nothing too major though.

5812 Floor Plan.pdf

I agree with Rene , getting the Original Chief .Plan files from your old Employee will save you thousands of Dollars...... I think legally the Files belong to you since he was working for you, but you still need to get them from him , so be careful how you approach it..... If he was subcontracted and only agreed to supply PDFs you may have a different issue.

M.

• 1 month later...