Black Screen

Treehouse2339

In Preferences > Colors  you can change your background color.  However you will need to rearrange your Layersets so that you have colors that work with a black background as there are a lot of default layers that have black line colors in Chief.

X11 also has theme settings to adjust the toolbar and interface colors.

• Like 1

The crazy thing for me is that I am completely a dark-mode autocad user.  It's the only way to go IMO.  Autocad had things pretty well worked out.  But dark mode in chief just feels off for me.  I stick with the Sage theme.

If someone could post the CA settings to make it operate like autocad that would be sweeet.

So, autocad can display colors one way on the model, another way in paper space (layout) and then print to a different color.  That might be something more unique to them than CA.

2019-08-16 21_16_35-Window.png

2019-08-16 21_20_56-Window.png

2019-08-16 21_21_48-Window.png

• 2 years later...
On 8/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, para-CAD said:

If someone could post the CA settings to make it operate like autocad that would be sweeet.

I know this is an older post, but I was looking into the same thing and while I haven't found any chief settings, I have found a pretty cool app called "NegativeScreen" for windows (I see you use windows 11, hopefully it works for that). Several different color inversion settings, super fast switching with hotkeys, very cool in my opinion.

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen

• 5 months later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:39 AM, EngelsmaHomes said:

I know this is an older post, but I was looking into the same thing and while I haven't found any chief settings, I have found a pretty cool app called "NegativeScreen" for windows (I see you use windows 11, hopefully it works for that). Several different color inversion settings, super fast switching with hotkeys, very cool in my opinion.

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen

You Sr. are the Hero I didn't know I needed. 

Thank you. This is a real game changer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! I was hoping someone would find this who needed it. It sure is a lot easier than messing with all your layers and worrying how they will print.

I posted a suggestion regarding this - Chief already has an option to turn color on/off per tabbed view; certainly they could do something that inverts the colors I would think!