Simple plan from a detailed one?

WoodlandDesign

Does anyone know if CA can create a basic, non-detailed 'sketch' of a complete plan?  See my attached sample.

I would like to provide clients an overly simplified floor plan without the technical jargon so it's brief enough to share without giving away construction details.

This one is created using Sketchup.  I don't want to have to draw up another floor plan.  I just want to 'convert' that which was created.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.d32f5ffc5c4d2cb18fdb8dd741a15056.png

1 minute ago, WoodlandDesign said:

Does anyone know if CA can create a basic, non-detailed 'sketch' of a complete plan?  See my attached sample.

I would like to provide clients an overly simplified floor plan without the technical jargon so it's brief enough to share without giving away construction details.

This one is created using Sketchup.  I don't want to have to draw up another floor plan.  I just want to 'convert' that which was created.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Just Create a new Annotation Set and Layerset...it's that simple.  Layersets control what is displayed...Annotation Sets control the color, size, font, of all text objects.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Just Create a new Annotation Set and Layerset...it's that simple.  Layersets control what is displayed...Annotation Sets control the color, size, font, of all text objects.  

Yes.  Create another layer set and call it Sketch Set, adjust layers to suit.

4 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

tricky but doable, you need yo do a orthographic floor overview using the line drawing technique

I do it like Rob does, as well, when needed , it's not that bad once you open the Ortho Floor Camera, as you can go to 3D>View Direction>Top View  for a perfect Top down view, then open the rendering Tech. an adjust the squiggle , extend etc as needed.

M.

Just now, Kbird1 said:

I do it like Rob does, as well, when needed , it's not that bad once you open the Ortho Floor Camera, as you can go to 3D>View Direction>Top View  for a perfect Top down view, then open the rendering Tech. an adjust the squiggle , extend etc as needed.

The part that was tricky I didnt clarify...speaking about adding dimensions and annotations over a rendering gets tricky

10 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

The part that was tricky I didnt clarify...speaking about adding dimensions and annotations over a rendering gets tricky

Ahhhh, I wasn't thinking about Dims as Doug didn't show them in his example , I thought that was the kind of information he was trying to remove actually.

M.

2 hours ago, WoodlandDesign said:

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

This view (see picture) was created by using the 3D Floor Overview camera, then selecting 3D/View Direction/Top View;  Then I used the cross section slider to cut down into the view...then I applied the "line drawing" technique.  

Yes...placing room labels and sizes...and dimensions gets a little complicated.

2019-08-12_14-13-12.thumb.png.1bf6d63c5342abd8588cde0ac9760aa1.png  2019-08-12_14-11-29.thumb.png.6f9e817501b1c2641ab6f97e0ef59ccb.png

I added text to this screen shot using Snagit...so, that's a possibilty.

2019-08-12_14-11-29.thumb.png.c6ddeffc60f03ad05f49d394b5234017.png

3 hours ago, SNestor said:

This view (see picture) was created by using the 3D Floor Overview camera, then selecting 3D/View Direction/Top View;  Then I used the cross section slider to cut down into the view...then I applied the "line drawing" technique.  

Yes...placing room labels and sizes...and dimensions gets a little complicated.

2019-08-12_14-13-12.thumb.png.1bf6d63c5342abd8588cde0ac9760aa1.png  2019-08-12_14-11-29.thumb.png.6f9e817501b1c2641ab6f97e0ef59ccb.png

I added text to this screen shot using Snagit...so, that's a possibilty.

2019-08-12_14-11-29.thumb.png.c6ddeffc60f03ad05f49d394b5234017.png

It's not complicated. Send the ortho overview to layout, send a  floorplan to layout. Using draw order tools  ensure the floorplan is on top of the overview. Set layers as desired. No mess, no fuss, repeatable, automatically updates.

• Upvote 1