Ceilings not aligning in vault

kwhitt

I have a vaulted ceiling at the intersection of two gable roofs - see attached.  The ceiling when viewed from inside has a jog in the middle where the two roofs connect.  Can someone explain to me why this is happening and to correct it?  The roof plane intersections appear to be correct.  Thanks, Kevin

CEILING.jpg

OVERALL.jpg

CA_Bowers_08-10-19.plan

Eric -  These will be rafters with an air gap, insulation, and drywall.  That said, I'm doing this as a quick visual for the client.  I thought since the roof front to back of house was lower than the upper converging roof, the software would perform the necessary boolean and show correctly when viewed from inside.  Honestly, I am not picking up on what you're seeing.  I would appreciate your explanation.  Also, I am assuming the program automatically adds drywall to the bottom of the rafters when "flat ceiling" is unticked in the room settings.  Am I not looking at drywall here?  If not, what is it?  Thanks again for all your help.  Kevin

William -  I was thinking CA would remove the overhang automatically.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I still have much to learn.  How did you go about siting the break point on the roof edge?

William - I know how to break the roof edge.  Just not sure what tools to use to get the alignment right.  I know in AutoCAD I can create a line and extend the length to meet an edge and then snap to the resulting intersection.  Does CA do something similar?  Thanks again, Kevin.

Eric - thanks for the explanation.  You had me wondering if I was showing the client something that I could not deliver.  I've been at this nonstop since 5am - think it's time for a break.  Kevin

Just finished cutting back the overhangs.  The snaps were already built in - very handy!

This might seem like a silly question but, how do you change the default color of the drywall?  I've looked in various places under default settings and can't find it.  I'm sure there must be a simple answer for this.  Kevin