Symbols

NeilofOZ

Have a terrain site plan and transposed a building onto it via a symbol which I created from another plan, every thing worked except the plants weren't

included. On my first try, I realised the plant items weren't checked in the "Layer Section" "Display Options", but corrected this and still no plants. 

Files are too big to email both plans, but have attached the original plan that was copied as a symbol.

Regards Neil.

Sharrock_Ray_Trace_-_Copy_D_+_Entry_Portal.plan

All of your plant seem to be Plant Images ( 2D ).  You could use 3D plants but that creates issues as well with your surface count.

If you keep your origin and elevation consistent in the other plan file you should be able to copy and paste them over to the new plan.

Or calculate the differential of the new plan and move with Transform and Replicate.

"Copy-Paste" is a Windows-based command (control key - C key to "copy" and Control Key - V to "Paste", not being a Mac user, I do not know how that is done there). These commands are also accessible via Chief from the "Edit" menu, take a look and then practice using those valuable commands.

DJP

10 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Chopsaw, when you say copy/paste or transform/replicate, are referring only to the plants or the building with the plants.

I was originally thinking just the plants as that was what was giving you the issues.  However if you were to abandon the symbol idea altogether, you could move everything to the new plan if it did not conflict with other things you have going on.