Copy point to point

winterdd

56 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Im an autocad guy and know about hotkeys but im fairly new to chief...how do you set them up on it?

You can use up to 3 keys per. If using multiple keys don't use a single key that is also used in multiple combination. I use a two key form, the only singles I use are numbers. 

20 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Im an autocad guy and know about hotkeys but im fairly new to chief...how do you set them up on it?

Attached zip with my current hotkeys. They are always evolving so I keep a spreadsheet with the current list (also included).

I have a Windows keyboard shortcut to that sheet for the times I forget.

I haven't updated the second two sheets in a while so don't count on them, left them for reference, the first sheet should be accurate. I used the other two sheets when I first set the keys up to help and printed the color one out for reference.

I'm right handed and try to set the most common keys to be one handed with left hand and to keep things in some grouping I could remember. I now use two keyboards, one in front one on left, which has allowed me to begin to add some other one handed combos that I avoided (work in progress).

You can either use this for reference or give it a try but everyone's brain works differently. I think there are few sets of hotkeys in either tips or symbols section.

I'd suggest that before setting up new keys you export the default OOB keys. Then every now and then export your own keys just in case you  need them on a another machine of for migration or disasters.

Mk_hotkey.zip

2 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Attached zip with my current hotkeys. They are always evolving so I keep a spreadsheet with the current list (also included).

I have a Windows keyboard shortcut to that sheet for the times I forget.

I haven't updated the second two sheets in a while so don't count on them, left them for reference, the first sheet should be accurate. I used the other two sheets when I first set the keys up to help and printed the color one out for reference.

I'm right handed and try to set the most common keys to be one handed with left hand and to keep things in some grouping I could remember. I now use two keyboards, one in front one on left, which has allowed me to begin to add some other one handed combos that I avoided (work in progress).

You can either use this for reference or give it a try but everyone's brain works differently. I think there are few sets of hotkeys in either tips or symbols section.

I'd suggest that before setting up new keys you export the default OOB keys. Then every now and then export your own keys just in case you  need them on a another machine of for migration or disasters.

Mk_hotkey.zip

Thanks! Appreciate it

• 3 years later...