Help w/ Transom over door w/ sidelights

kwhitt

I want to run a single transom over the top of a door with sidelights.  Is it possible to remove the bottom casing of the transom and top casing of the lower door/sidelights so that the transom jamb sits directly on the lower sections (as would be joined in the real world)?  I've tried mulling and it doesn't appear to remove this overlapping casing.  Thanks,  Kevin

transom_config.jpg

CA_Bowers_08-08-19.plan

Also, when we specify the width and height of the window unit, are we specifying the overall width/height including the jamb?  If so, seems to work opposite of the doors.  Thanks again!

Thanks again.  I got it to work.  I am a bit confused on how CA mulls the units.  If I have 3-34" wide window units side-by-side and I mull them, the overall measurement when mulled becomes 106" which is 4" more than 34 x 3 (102").  I assume the program is inserting framing members between the units.  If I don't want this, what option do I disable or change?  I saw a video online for X10 and there is a setting in the window dialog box for minimum separation.  I can't find that in X11.  Please advise.  Thanks

4 hours ago, kwhitt said:

Also, when we specify the width and height of the window unit, are we specifying the overall width/height including the jamb?  If so, seems to work opposite of the doors.  Thanks again!

The frame of the window absolutely works different than the jamb of a door! Really annoying for making entry door with transom units. Sounds like you're working through the trial and error approach that it takes to learn this behavior.