Holes Stretchers

habdou

Can the cabinet have holes for the shelves, without having to adding polyline solids?

Can we add stretchers for the front/back of the top of the cabinet without having to adding polyline solids?

Something like this:

BND6L_ld.png

BND6L_td.png

1 hour ago, habdou said:

Can the cabinet have holes for the shelves, without having to adding polyline solids?

Can we add stretchers for the front/back of the top of the cabinet without having to adding polyline solids?

Something like this:

BND6L_ld.png

BND6L_td.png

YOu can make stretches with a custom cabinet door used as side panel inset. Shelves with holes -make it out of psolids and turn it into fixture interior. For the shelves you will likely need more than one symbol since they won't resize well-depends on what you're after. The stretcher included will resize in width just fine. You may need to alter the symbol if using wood instead of paint but whatdyawantfornuttin.:) This took 15 minutes

Plan attached- go throught he DBX of the cabinet to understand what is going on, then OPEN SYMBOL of the included stretcher to see how that is set up-I set it for a 1/16" reveal.

Then save these things and any you make to the library AND save the plans, particularly the holes, for reuse in the future. You can set you default cabinets to have stretchers like this.

image.thumb.png.0f48aa8e2734dd2f230dbd85fbfc39c8.png

Cab with stretchers and holy shelves.plan

17 minutes ago, habdou said:

..., I meant holes in the cabinets for adjustable shelves.

I would not even think about that. If needed for some strange customers then specify it.

If thinking of CNC, or some other actual production were a spec won't suffice you should be looking into CabinetVision or other software made for the purpose. 

If it just amuses you it can be done building the entire cabinet from custom door symbols. (assuming you have too much time on your hands;->

3 hours ago, habdou said:

Sorry, I meant holes in the cabinets for adjustable shelves.

I was wrong- sort of. Had a thought and gave it a quick go. There is an easy way  if you don't care about vector or technical illustration or willing to clean up layout lines. Then again these don't show all that much in standard or PBR to be worthwhile. In any case here ya go.

image.thumb.png.0e9891dae02ffda59910dac0ec4db57f.png

To make something with clean vector views will be much more difficult and I still don't think is worth the effort. But if you have a pay at it let us know what works eh?

Drilled sides.plan

13 hours ago, habdou said:

holes in the cabinets for adjustable shelves.

another though (never could resist a rabbit hole). Decent results can be had using the method I use for changing material of cabinet interior. Need some seperate symbols for varied depths cabinets-I've posted stuff in the past in Symbols or Tips-check there for more. These could still use a little work for better vector view at the front (may not be possible)

Anyway here ya go, last ones I'm trying.

image.thumb.png.ea9cb60c283d099a227f31f357b75999.pngimage.thumb.png.66ae558cea4ba240e17cb8dca8f95237.png

Drilled sides F.plan

Hi Mark,

Thanks again for your help,

I am developing a Filemaker app for a local cabinet manufacturer, in their product specification they need to show the holes using the technical illustration.

Regards