Wall corner cabinet center stile

Chris_Kelly

Morning y'all,

So I've got a pantry room in a kitchen I'm working on. I've got corner wall cabinets stacked on each other with utility cabinets on the flat wall sections. All cabinets are doorless. My issue is that the corer cabinets have a center stile on the face frame that I can't figure how to get rid of. The side stiles are adjustable, but I can't find controls for the center one. Anyone know what I'm missing here?

wall cab center stiles.jpg

39 minutes ago, Chris_Kelly said:

Morning y'all,

So I've got a pantry room in a kitchen I'm working on. I've got corner wall cabinets stacked on each other with utility cabinets on the flat wall sections. All cabinets are doorless. My issue is that the corer cabinets have a center stile on the face frame that I can't figure how to get rid of. The side stiles are adjustable, but I can't find controls for the center one. Anyone know what I'm missing here?

wall cab center stiles.jpg

I used two full height cabinets pushed together.  Then...I went to cabinet defaults and unchecked "create automatic blind corner cabinets".  I also adjusted the shelf thickness and spacing.  

2019-08-06_10-00-26.thumb.png.d0d0588fe0c3c3632cbba9ca48f60bae.png

And...I used "framed" style cabinet and set the separation to zero...

2019-08-06_10-06-53.thumb.png.2e4a6739d1a1f35fcbba96c185dbd0fb.png

11 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I used two full height cabinets pushed together.  Then...I went to cabinet defaults and unchecked "create automatic blind corner cabinets".  I also adjusted the shelf thickness and spacing.  

2019-08-06_10-00-26.thumb.png.d0d0588fe0c3c3632cbba9ca48f60bae.png

And...I used "framed" style cabinet and set the separation to zero...

2019-08-06_10-06-53.thumb.png.2e4a6739d1a1f35fcbba96c185dbd0fb.png

Close- I don't set the separation to zero in box construction. Rather in the face item I set one or the other to that. Also use openings for one side. image.thumb.png.b710db11b311abf482d5f8180fb75e17.pngimage.thumb.png.8f2fb04416083aee2256c367db417c56.pngimage.thumb.png.65d042b1df6a0164ba08c917514af274.png

11 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Close- I don't set the separation to zero in box construction. Rather in the face item I set one or the other to that. Also use openings for one side. image.thumb.png.b710db11b311abf482d5f8180fb75e17.pngimage.thumb.png.8f2fb04416083aee2256c367db417c56.pngimage.thumb.png.65d042b1df6a0164ba08c917514af274.png

I don't get the cabinets to join together unless I set the "Box Construction" "Separation" to zero...I also have to set the "stiles" to zero

So...what am I doing wrong?

Pic of cabinet where the separation is 1.5"....I get a gap between cabinets

2019-08-06_10-35-59.thumb.png.c4a928ff7bbb8472f537f1a37ff9e58d.png

2 hours ago, SNestor said:

I don't get the cabinets to join together unless I set the "Box Construction" "Separation" to zero...I also have to set the "stiles" to zero

So...what am I doing wrong?

Nothing- I overlapped them to close it up.

Your plan has a U. That works fine the way you did it-center cabinet set to 0 separation. But if you want an ell, as the first images, doing it that way you need to float in a side panel of some sort-no big deal.  I want to be able to resize at will which is why I did it the other way so no extra part to move.

Just depends on what you need.

If I needed an accurate schedule and resize then I'd use your method BUT add the side panel into the back of the cabinet. Just didn't want to get into how to do that (hack symbols) right now :).

3 hours ago, SNestor said:

My plan is attached if you'd want to see what I've done...

Cabinets for Shelving.plan

Had a play with some inserted doors-one in back and one on side. Those have issues too and since I don't need this now left it alone...

A curious thing that I can't figure-in image cabinet on left is yours just moved over and added a side (has issue at toe) then took one of mine and changed the separation to 0-so both have the same settings

image.thumb.png.2c91498f7100363106d9d0e74bd2c96b.png

-they don't look the same though? can't figure what happens there. Have to get back to work now though.

Cabinets for Shelving 2.plan

4 hours ago, Chris_Kelly said:

Thanks for the replies Steve & Mark. So basically we're stuck in work around territory instead of Chief just doing what I want, right?

Ummm...don't think it's a work around.  Just have to use the tools to edit the cabinet.  Personally, I'd use a moulding line (or polyline) to build the shelves....much faster, same result. You can use p-solids for vertical support posts.  Probably construct what you want in half the time.  :)

12 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Ummm...don't think it's a work around.

I agree entirely/ I'd pick which method you like, place cabinet in library and I keep plans like these in sub folders where I also keep symbol plans I made. That way it's easy to use again if it comes up and easy to set the size.

18 hours ago, SNestor said:

Ummm...don't think it's a work around.  Just have to use the tools to edit the cabinet.  Personally, I'd use a moulding line (or polyline) to build the shelves....much faster, same result. You can use p-solids for vertical support posts.  Probably construct what you want in half the time.  :)

Well it is in respect to the fact that I essentially had to create a new cabinet rather than having the ability to edit the existing one like I wanted. Only issue with the way you guys did it is I'm trying to replicate an existing design, which happens to have a face frame. So I deleted the surfaces of the existing face frame, made a new one with psolids, and made it a new symbol. Thanks for the input though!

Pantry.jpg

58 minutes ago, Chris_Kelly said:

I essentially had to create a new cabinet rather than having the ability to edit the existing one like I wanted. Only issue with the way you guys did it is I'm trying to replicate an existing design, which happens to have a face frame.

Face frame-two cabinets. image.thumb.png.a85b789879be6eb0f96673cd3f9df20e.png SOP for inset corner susans.

Face frame.plan