3-D Vector views blurry - could it be a graphichs card problem?

neringa

Hi! All my 3d vector views are blurry: full camera and then racetrace also. I have tried changing all kinds of settings..to no avail.

I am using Chief X9. The truth of the matter is that ever since I switched over to X9, my vector views are not crisp like they were with my older version of Chief

and no matter what I do, my raytraces are flat.I was wondering if it could be a graphics card problem? I have windows 10, 64 bit, plenty of memory...

my graphics card is NVDIA Quatro 600/PCIe/SSE2. When I purchased X9, I was told and I also checked it out, that the graphics card was good.

What does anybody think? Could it be something else? Attached, please see an image which shows the flatness of things in progress. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Women's sinks 3.jpg

Men's vanity 1b.jpg

7 minutes ago, neringa said:

Hi! All my 3d vector views are blurry: full camera and then racetrace also. I have tried changing all kinds of settings..to no avail.

I am using Chief X9. The truth of the matter is that ever since I switched over to X9, my vector views are not crisp like they were with my older version of Chief

and no matter what I do, my raytraces are flat.I was wondering if it could be a graphics card problem? I have windows 10, 64 bit, plenty of memory...

my graphics card is NVDIA Quatro 600/PCIe/SSE2. When I purchased X9, I was told and I also checked it out, that the graphics card was good.

What does anybody think? Could it be something else? Attached, please see an image which shows the flatness of things in progress. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Women's sinks 3.jpg

Men's vanity 1b.jpg

Could you please post a .plan file with saved cameras illustrating the issue..Would you also post a vector view for reference...the images you shared may have "bloom" enabled and no blurry vector view was posted

Ugh...my plan file is too large...what to do? 

Sorry..I REALLY appreciate your help.

I have to leave now, I am in Michigan and have a dinner engagement.

Please leave instructions and I will do it as soon as possible.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Could you please post a .plan file with saved cameras illustrating the issue..Would you also post a vector view for reference...the images you shared may have "bloom" enabled and no blurry vector view was posted

I agree with Rene , Bloom makes view seem "softer" to me too , so I have unchecked it in all my camera defaults.

Also make sure you are using the latest Nvidia Drivers for your Quadro Card.

Try Zipping the Plan File to get it under 25 mb which is the Forum limit.

M.

Hi,

I have updated my graphic's card driver. (It was a pain in the neck since whatever I tried I kept getting, "Not compatible with current version of windows".

Finally, went to "GEForce experience", used custom, selected clean install and that worked.) However, that does not seem to make a great improvement of quality of renderings.

I have attached the zipped plan file and a vector view and the raytrace I ran last night for 18 hours. I do not have "bloom enabled".  Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Neringa

Lake_Michigan_Yacht_Club.zip

Mens shower 3b-full camera.jpeg

Mens shower 3b.jpeg

1 hour ago, neringa said:

Thank you!

I don't use the raytrace engine anymore but a few things to note, you are overdoing it with user added lights, these are a crutch that should only be used when absolutely necessary in a raytrace...mileage may vary in a PBR...Short of it is that you're flooding the scene.

Your lights are set too warm..CA doesn't work with Kelvins the way one would hope, soft white lights need to be nearly white or you will drown out your details. Also you have modified some lights and changed them from points to directional lighting without setting the proper direction.

Here is a quick low res raytrace I did after setting your light temps and dropping your user lights...See the depth coming back in.

Also Vector Renders show properly for me, I saw no issue there

Capture.thumb.PNG.c7a5930d24a425e9a656a6e307ed002d.PNG

Notice you're missing lights like hallway lights, which is likely why you added lights. 

Lastly, your palette does not vary enough from a design perspective IMO, it needs either varying sheens or varying hues or a broader range of shading to distinguish architectural features

Thank you, Renerabbitt, for your advise. I am still trying to understand what you mean by "a broader range of shading to distinguish architectural features".

I would like more shadows...at least deeper shadows...what do you feel ambient light in 3d camera view should be set at? 

None of your posted images are "Vector View" images, they appear to be Ray Traced or PBR images. Vector View camera type images are only line drawings with color fills and so not use any texture materials applications. IT does appear that you have in your settings "Focal Blur" (I NEVER use "Bloom" or focal blur in my renderings or at least rarely so).

DJP