New licensing be careful or this could happen to you..

KenL-sdd

When you unlicense  x11 it also unlicenses x10 or if you unlicense  x10 it also unlicenses x11. That is fine and I understand why it is being done. However is should also work the other way if I license x11 for my laptop then it should give me access to x10 or vise versa..

Case in point, I licensed x10 on my laptop to go into the field and meet with a client on a job, I have been working on for a while. Unfortunately the drawing had been opened and saved in x11 and was in the wrong file folder. Being in the middle of nowhere without internet connection I was hosed <that's the nice word> thanks to chiefs new way to  license. If you are going to remove access to x10 and x11 if just one is unlicensed then if I license one product the other should be licensed on the same machine it should automatically give access to the other product.

Chief please fix this MAJOR licensing problem.

Ken:

this is one reason why I preferred the hardware lock over the software lock

each license could be operated independently of the other

furthermore, there is no way for CA or some future owner to turn off the license for an older version

I can still run all of my older licenses anytime I choose

X9 was the last version to have a hardware lock and that is the last version I will be using

I do have X10 and X11 but have no plans to use them

Lew

I don't understand.  I have both X10 & X11 installed and can open both simultaneously on a single machine. 

Of course if you don't activate at least one of them before going to a remote location without Internet access then you wouldn't be able to use either.

Just make sure you do this before leaving for a job site.  Then you will have both versions available.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I don't understand.  I have both X10 & X11 installed and can open both simultaneously on a single machine. 

Of course if you don't activate at least one of them before going to a remote location without Internet access then you wouldn't be able to use either.

Just make sure you do this before leaving for a job site.  Then you will have both versions available.

If you only activate x10 you can not use x 11 on that machine. They deactivate simultaneously but must be activated separately.

49 minutes ago, KenL-sdd said:

If you only activate x10 you can not use x 11 on that machine. They deactivate simultaneously but must be activated separately.

I also don't seem to understand the issue, I feel as if licensing works as it should..my understanding was that you licensed a machine for x-10 and tried to open an x-11 file in the field with that machine. That points to user error..if you needed both licenses you would need to license your machine accordingly...as a standard practice It would make no sense to automatically license both versions when an end user goes to activate just one, especially in a multi-user environment

If you really are having your life ruined by this current policy, then communicate to Chief Arcthect Inc directly. Complain to Customer service or directly to Scott Harris (they can do something about it). Here on the forum, we have no direct influence. Chief Inc is a small company, so communicating your concerns there is the proper communication venue, not here. We solve solvable problems here not ones out of our purview and authority.

DJP

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

If you really are having your life ruined by this current policy, then communicate to Chief Arcthect Inc directly. Complain to Customer service or directly to Scott Harris (they can do something about it). Here on the forum, we have no direct influence. Chief Inc is a small company, so communicating your concerns there is the proper communication venue, not here. We solve solvable problems here not ones out of our purview and authority.

DJP

I have notified chief architect.  Mainly want the users to understand what chief is doing to be sure they dont have the same issue I had today. Not often I dont have internet service. 

Have a great day. 

• Upvote 1