Tab sun angles....

dshall

It's been so long since I have done this.  At one time I could hit the up and down arrows and it would change the time of day one hour at a time and I could see the change.  Would somebody please1873015047_ScreenShot2019-07-28at7_35_00AM.thumb.png.8954fb2ad350fa34e6c6e6378c12b25d.png remind me how to do this.  

See DBX,  at one time I would put the cursor in type latitude box,  7 tabs and I would be in the time box and then with the up and down arrows I could change the hour one hour at. time and see the shadow move on the view.

Now,  when I start in latitude box,  I hit tab several times,  it skips the hour box.

Has this changed?

The ability to tab to the correct field is still there...but, the field is not highlighted.  I had to make a guess when I landed in the time field...started messing with the arrows and sure enough the time changed.  Looks like a glitch to me...

32 minutes ago, SNestor said:

The ability to tab to the correct field is still there...but, the field is not highlighted.  I had to make a guess when I landed in the time field...started messing with the arrows and sure enough the time changed.  Looks like a glitch to me...

I am on a Mac,  it did not land in the hour box

50 minutes ago, dshall said:

I am on a Mac,  it did not land in the hour box

I am also using a MAC...

I can tab to the box to change the time...but you there is no highlight.  Start in the first box, tab 7 times...you should be able to change the hour.  I can on mine...

Scott,

I don't think you are missing anything.

The ability to do what you want with the dynamic shadow changes was lost a couple (?) of versions ago.

The Date and Time Fields no longer hold the focus and the arrow keys do not work to dynamically change the shadows.

Could any Windows users comment please, to see if it just a mac problem.

A big loss in my opinion.

I can't remember if I sent in a bug report or not - I will check back and see. 

On Windows 10, I can tab to the time box and change the time with the up and down arrow keys.  The time box does not highlight per se, but does have a light grey line around the box to indicate it's active.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dshall said:

I still cannot get it to work.

Steve,  would you mind taking a look to see what I may be doing wrong.   thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn3p253fo9a06wb/2019-07-29 03.22 Meet Now.mp4?dl=0

Sorry Scott...I've been away from my computer.  Went to see the new Tarantino movie...

Sun angle works for me...see video. (very short).  Chief has screwed it up somehow...

Steve and Scott,

If I start out with the focus in Latitude, I can Tab, and the focus goes to Longitude, Tab again and the focus goes straight down to Length Of Plan Symbol. The boxes are hilighted.

The focus jumps straight over the Date and Time section.

I am getting the same as Scott.

I can still tab 7 times and use up/down arrows to toggle by the hour, as the others have stated it doesn't highlight that the hour box is selected. However ive just discovered my hot key to open the Sun Angle Specification is gone and the tool doesn't show up to reassign? Im using X11 but my signature isn't reflecting the change I made in my signature.

Capture.PNG

Edited by mattyt12
more info

Scott,

I worked it out!

Go System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts tab>

Down at the bottom of the dbx, click All Controls.

Still doesn't hilight the boxes, but better than not being able to do it at all!

I wonder if at some stage Chief changed whatever it is to make these boxes behave differently - either by mistake or on purpose?

I have sent it in to Brian and asked for his comments. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, glennw said:

Scott,

I worked it out!

Go System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts tab>

Down at the bottom of the dbx, click All Controls.

Still doesn't hilight the boxes, but better than not being able to do it at all!

I wonder if at some stage Chief changed whatever it is to make these boxes behave differently - either by mistake or on purpose?

I have sent it in to Brian and asked for his comments. 

Just to clarify...Glenn is referring to an Apple Computer Preferences control...not related to a specific Chief Preference control.   

2019-07-30_09-00-50.thumb.png.e8f45b21f9b36e7cfb162e665ae9c7d4.png