still in dark ages? GTM vs Zoom

dshall

I use drop box.....  the greatest invention after the Ipad.......

I have used GOTOMEETING since the dawn of time.  

I stumbled across ZOOM (a meeting app?). 

ZOOM looks like a great alternative to GTM.  Any comments>?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Been using zoom.us   for about 5 yrs. Found it cheaper, easier, and I like the interface and annotation tools. At first when there were stretches of less need I'd switch to the free account (1 person meetings, 45 minute limit) then just reactivate my account as needed. Nowadays I just leave it, cheap enough. My wife belongs to a support group that uses it so not a lot of tech savvy needed. 

• Upvote 1

I've not had to pay for it myself so no idea on how the cost stacks up, but I used Zoom at a couple of companies I've worked for and it did everything required and can be used with a browser of dedicated application.  

The user interface and tools worked well and coped with the myriad of screen sizes and switching to projectors or different monitors without issue.  It also has a lot of other features for annotation and white boarding but I didn't use those much.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Really glad you brought this up Scott.  I’ve been using GoToMeeting Pro, but after doing a bit more research, I’m pretty sure I’m going to switch now. 

I think I may switch too.  Some great tools,  multiple desktops to switch too.....  I think I am hooked up to using it thru drop box but I have not seen the cost .....  I am going to test out with someone now...  

Came out of the dark ages a couple months ago when a client suggested a Zoom meeting.  I now use it a couple times a month.  I'm up in the Sierra foothills of Northern California and most of my clients are from the San Francisco Bay Area and using Zoom for meetings has been amazingly productive.  I now use it for my local clients as well.  Love it, and, it is free, so far.