Walls not showing up

kwhitt

Total Noob here - just purchased Premier X11 yesterday and am quite frustrated that I haven't picked up on this as quickly as I'd hoped.  I have an as-built 1.5 story home on monolithic slab with 8 ft. ceilings on the first floor.  My walls, for some reason, are not showing up in the perspective view.  I am sure it's a setting that I've ticked somewhere, but I am unable to find the error.  I would appreciate someone taking a look at the attached file and letting me know where I went wrong.  Thanks in advance, Kevin

Baker_As-Built_07-26-19.plan

39 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Total Noob here - just purchased Premier X11 yesterday and am quite frustrated that I haven't picked up on this as quickly as I'd hoped.  I have an as-built 1.5 story home on monolithic slab with 8 ft. ceilings on the first floor.  My walls, for some reason, are not showing up in the perspective view.  I am sure it's a setting that I've ticked somewhere, but I am unable to find the error.  I would appreciate someone taking a look at the attached file and letting me know where I went wrong.  Thanks in advance, Kevin

Baker_As-Built_07-26-19.plan

Like Dermot stated above...you have no room definition.  

Open the room dialogue box....click the little wrench icon...rooms will appear.  

Current room settings are "ZERO"...

2019-07-26_12-05-29.thumb.png.84145c391e4175ce072aad68af5cfa2f.png

Change by clicking on wrench icon...

2019-07-26_12-06-22.png  2019-07-26_12-06-39.thumb.png.56a14b89d86dc56853e35765c1d448b3.png

Apparently so.  Thanks for the reply.  I don't remember changing anything in that dialog.  In fact, I can't even find it.  I thought the default settings under Floors and Rooms > Floor Levels > 1st Floor would set the wall specifics as shown in the attached.  Where do I change this?  Thanks again!

img_1st floor defaults.jpg

4 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Apparently so.  Thanks for the reply.  I don't remember changing anything in that dialog.  In fact, I can't even find it.  I thought the default settings under Floors and Rooms > Floor Levels > 1st Floor would set the wall specifics as shown in the attached.  Where do I change this?  Thanks again!

img_1st floor defaults.jpg

Just click in the room...then CTRL+E to open the dialogue box.  Somehow you changed the default.  

Just now, kwhitt said:

I've been through all the training videos, but don't have a grasp of the big picture yet.

Actually...you don’t want to think in “rooms”. You should set floor defaults and start drawing.  Somehow you accidentally changed the default setting for this floor.  Understanding defaults is the basic building block you should try to learn first.  

Check out the training videos Chief has on their website.  

• Like 1

I have been through most of the training videos on CA's site and am still running into issues.  I'm not picking this up as quickly as I thought I would - even simple things like drawing lines seem off to me in comparison to how it's done in AutoCAD.  My background is as a 3D visualizer where I would model everything (piece by piece) in FormZ and render in Cinema 4D.  All construction docs were formatted in AutoCAD using exported DWG files from FormZ.  CA seems quite alien to me, but I know it will be a huge time-saver eventually.  Is there a training course or tutor anyone would recommend?  Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.