Interiors X9 Running Extremely Poorly on Windows 10

ssimpsondesign

I have a very high-end laptop running Windows 10 and there are a bunch of problems with running Interiors X9... I can't open the "labels" menu for any object, exporting layouts takes a very long time to load, and the program crashes constantly, just to name a few issues. Is there something specific causing this? I have a very good graphics card and plenty of memory. I run Sketchup and Revit on this computer with no problem whatsoever.

I have X9 installed on both my desktop and laptop. It has always run reliably well. I would guess that you should consider reinstalling it and make sure it is fully up to date. Chief Architect (any version) can act in an unreliable way due to video card software drivers, mouse drivers which, as issues are easy to address (software device drivers are free from the manufacturer of the devices). I have never heard any repetitive complaints about X9's performance from any other users here either.

DJP

My best guess is that your main problem is related to your video card and the drivers.  There were some posts regarding dialog label problems related to nvidia graphics cards over a year ago. You might try a search on this forum for related problems.  You should also see if this help article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If all else fails, you might want to contact tech support.

On 7/26/2019 at 8:05 AM, ssimpsondesign said:

I have a very high-end laptop running Windows 10 and there are a bunch of problems with running Interiors X9... I can't open the "labels" menu for any object, exporting layouts takes a very long time to load, and the program crashes constantly, just to name a few issues. Is there something specific causing this? I have a very good graphics card and plenty of memory. I run Sketchup and Revit on this computer with no problem whatsoever.

The Labels Issue was a known issue with older versions of the Nvidia Drivers , so I'd start there and make sure you have the latest ...eg I think they are up to version 430.86 now , the problems Drivers where back in the 390.xx series IIRC.

M.