Where oh where have my windows gone?

Evolution

What a tiring and frustrating day.  I can't believe this!!!

I Opened. My non Profit project plan to work on setting up layers / annosets for construction drawings, all was going so nicely, then suddenly I started have windows disappear.  I mean the multi-lite windows I had placed on both floors 1 and 2.  I thought I had somehow turned them off on my CD floor plan layer, and perhaps my Arch Site Plan Layer, but after checking both, the windows are turned on!  It was obvious, because some of the windows show up on the plan, (no problem) but not in the 3-D perspective. Yet the openings are there , but there are no windows (randomly disappeared) in openings. I checked my camera view layer, and made sure windows are turned on also.

Orphanos Foundation Renovations option 1.zip

1 MISSING ON THE OPPOSITE END.png

3 MISSING ON END AND 1 ON THE REAR ELEVATION.png

3 MISSING ON FRONT ELEVATION.png

PLAN SHOWS WINDOWS ON FIRST FLOOR.png

CAMERA VIEW LAYER.png

33 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Check those windows in the plan view and make sure they are on the correct layer.

Already did that Joe. The first thing I looked for, if you look at the screen shot at the bottom its the layer display option. :(

PLAN WINDOW SPEC LAYER OPTS.png

29 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Already did that Joe. The first thing I looked for, if you look at the screen shot at the bottom its the layer display option. :(

But you may have inadvertently edited those particular windows to something other than the "Windows" layer.  Open the plan view and check.

15 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

But you may have inadvertently edited those particular windows to something other than the "Windows" layer.  Open the plan view and check.

I know, that's why I checked the plan view as well as the camera view, and not only that but checked the new layers I had set up, checked the windows for the layer, and they're on the window layers. Isn't that the layer they should be on? I also made sure the Windows layer was checked in every layer set I have. I can select the openings that are missing the windows, and open the DBX and it shows the window is there, but it isn't showing in the 3D. But now one of the windows came back in the  full camera view.

CAMERA VIEW LAYER.png

PLAN WINDOW SPEC LAYER OPTS.png

FULL CAMERA.png

WINDOW SHOULD BE IN THE OPENING.png

1 hour ago, Evolution said:

What a tiring and frustrating day.  I can't believe this!!!

I Opened. My non Profit project plan to work on setting up layers / annosets for construction drawings, all was going so nicely, then suddenly I started have windows disappear.  I mean the multi-lite windows I had placed on both floors 1 and 2.  I thought I had somehow turned them off on my CD floor plan layer, and perhaps my Arch Site Plan Layer, but after checking both, the windows are turned on!  It was obvious, because some of the windows show up on the plan, (no problem) but not in the 3-D perspective. Yet the openings are there , but there are no windows (randomly disappeared) in openings. I checked my camera view layer, and made sure windows are turned on also.

Orphanos Foundation Renovations option 1.zip

1 MISSING ON THE OPPOSITE END.png

3 MISSING ON END AND 1 ON THE REAR ELEVATION.png

3 MISSING ON FRONT ELEVATION.png

PLAN SHOWS WINDOWS ON FIRST FLOOR.png

CAMERA VIEW LAYER.png

BOB...open the elevation view, change the layerset to "ALL LAYERS ON"....magically the windows come back on.  The windows are on the wrong layer...see attached.

It looks like you have multiple windows in the same space...or something.  Can't really tell...

But...the windows are there!

2019-07-23_19-26-00.thumb.png.f10f7ba59df6a3727e36930ec0752f72.png  2019-07-23_19-29-46.thumb.png.04458a40a874ee18fd7320830469344d.png

3 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I apologize Joe. I guess I didn’t check all my layers?

2 hours ago, SNestor said:

But...the windows are there!

2019-07-23_19-26-00.thumb.png.f10f7ba59df6a3727e36930ec0752f72.png  2019-07-23_19-29-46.thumb.png.04458a40a874ee18fd7320830469344d.png

Steve, I did do the all on layer. Not sure why I didn’t see all the windows were back. I guess I was confused that only certain windows were missing. 

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Bob,

You have duplicate windows occupying the same place.

You have windows on both the Windows layer AND the ...SCHEDULES, TEXT layer.

Glenn glad you popped in on this one! I set the schedule layer up late in the day so I’m not sure how I wound up with Windows there? So I need  to go to the Schedule layer and turn windows off, correct? 

Thanks everyone ,

1 minute ago, glennw said:

I don't think you need to turn the windows off - you need to delete the duplicate windows on the SHEDULES, TEXT layer.

Or maybe by "turn windows off", you mean delete - if so, yes. 

I need to go to that layer and delete duplicate windows...got it, still have no idea where they came from?!?!

Thanks to all who helped guide me back to reality! The widows have been "found" and were not abducted by an alien force!  I did in fact (although I promise I have no idea how I managed to) duplicate certain windows in certain places.  I did as Steve suggested (again) and this time found them (with the all on layer)! Then, I did as Glenn Woodward suggested, and found the offending perpetrators and deleted them. Then, as Eric suggested copied and pasted windows from floor 2 down to the missing window locations on floor 1, except for one belligerent window, to which I resolved as Eric suggested, and pulled the wall back and reconnected, then placed the window.  MAY THE CA FORCE BE with ME!!!!  :ph34r::D (and each of YOU).

Thanks everyone!!!! 

• Like 1