French Country conversion from the current Federal Style

Evolution

The Client wants me to convert the current exterior of his project, from it's "Federal" style, to a more "French Country"  esthetic. I'm limited though, to doing as much without major exterior demolition etc. as possible.  We are planning the interior reno of the 2nd floor (which I now have very close to his expectation), however aside from adding some "more rustic" features to the exterior (timber framed porch cover) (rustic board and batten in-fill of the old 2nd floor round-top window) reusing the existing extensive (raised) planting beds with more traditional plantings, (acceptable to the humid mid-south climate), I think I need to avoid climbing vines etc.,? I hate what they do to the structure over the years.  I don't want to remove the planting beds (cost prohibitive given his limited budget for improvements). I am replacing all the existing windows with new insulated (multi-lite) fixed windows. The old ones (double hung) have reached their useful life anyway, so we know they have to be replaced. Since we needed more space at the top of the stairs where an exiting round top fixed glass window is, I am bumping that wall out, and I guess I could add stone for the exterior in lieu of the rustic board and batten, and may do an alternate elevation to see how it looks?  Any ideas you'd like to share? 

3D perspective.png

Google Front Elevation.png

2 hours ago, Evolution said:

Any ideas you'd like to share? 

YES!

In addition to off-white stucco or painted brick, black windows, and black roof edges.........

CONDUCTOR HEADS! :D

7d3659303fb2db9a7b2c35070ac60e85.thumb.jpg.e657bb0df89931f896d5e374e031f598.jpg

(little wrought-iron railings around the windows would help too)