Physical Hardware Lock?

Timeless_16

Hi,

I'm going to be upgrading to X11 most likely today (this afternoon). And I read where there is an option for a physical hardware lock for someone who's going to be off internet for more than two weeks at a time so the program keeps operating. 

I was wondering does anyone have one? 

How much is it? And is it available if you are doing the rent to own. I'm going to do the rent to own until January and then pay the balance off.

Sales / Customer Service / Training: 208-292-3400

Call Sales on Skype: chief.architect.sales

Technical Support: Contact Support

To the best of my knowledge Chief Architect X10+, HD 2019+ do NOT support hardware lock. The code related to SafeNet Sentinel USB has been disabled and the software is using network validation by the same company.  

1 minute ago, Doug_N said:

This brings up an interesting question.  Can you go offline for a significant length of time and still have CA working?

If you talk with CA support I'm sure they can arrange for this. I know on my system(s) it checks in at least once a day. You can always tether via your cell phones data connection if need be.

I am planning a vacation and will be out of touch, both by internet and by cell for a few days at a time, and would like to work on various projects.  Tethering by cell phone is how I will forward work in progress to clients, but, well you know what I am saying. 

2 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

I am planning a vacation and will be out of touch, both by internet and by cell for a few days at a time, and would like to work on various projects.  Tethering by cell phone is how I will forward work in progress to clients, but, well you know what I am saying. 

I would talk to CA Support, I'm certain they can accommodate for this. Not really a vacation though!!!

That's for sure. That's happening to me right now, my daughter is visiting from the UK, all my clients are aware of this but some of them still keep e-mailing and texting for changes, updates and meetings. Here's the irony in this, one of them keeps apologizing but the reason they need these things done is because they are going on vacation.

48 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

No one cares if you have a life or not.

41 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Here's the irony in this, one of them keeps apologizing but the reason they need these things done is because they are going on vacation.

Does it make you guys feel better to know we are all, pretty much, in the same boat?  I didn't think so! :) Contacted by a client this morning and wants to meet before Friday because they are "going out of town for a while!"

the software lock system didn't start until X2

so without a hardware lock I think X1 is useless

best to check with CA sales to be sure

if you buy a used copy skip getting X3 the library system was horrible and needs a subscription

it was replaced with X4 and is still the same library system for X11

X4 also introduced anno-sets

CA also offers a rent-to-own plan

Lew