Custom Object Field

stephenbc

Is it possible to put a custom object field into a label, for say a window?  Can't seem to find any documentation on this.  I created a custom object field, but don't understand how to get that into a label, in a way similar to simply inputting a macro in a label.  Please note, that I'm rather weak on understanding the use of macros.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, solver said:

See if this helps.

Ha! It absolutely does.  Thanks Solver.  I wondered how the "custom_fields" syntax and set up worked...and with two pictures, you've explained it.

Now, at least, when I change a window or add another window, my updated window schedule won't reorder all the windows!

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Thanks Yoda! I used the wrong search word missed this help! 

Just a quick tip, but don't limit yourself to simply searching the Help files.  You can also:

• Click the Help button in any one of the dialog boxes and it will typically take you straight to the section regarding that specific dialog.
  • Click Help with an object selected and it will typically take you straight to the most relevant section on EDITING that particular object type.
  • Click Help with only a tool activated and it will typically take you straight to the most relevant section on USING that particular tool.

Help is by far the most underutilized resource at our disposal IMO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alaskan_Son said:

Just a quick tip, but don't limit yourself to simply searching the Help files.  You can also:

• Click the Help button in any one of the dialog boxes and it will typically take you straight to the section regarding that specific dialog.
  • Click Help with an object selected and it will typically take you straight to the most relevant section on EDITING that particular object type.
  • Click Help with only a tool activated and it will typically take you straight to the most relevant section on USING that particular tool.

Help is by far the most underutilized resource at our disposal IMO.

Thanks Michael. This is stuff "I should know" and hopefully the more I get to use the software, (I might likely retain some of this great information)! It isn't because I don't study, watch the video's and search the KB...…..my wife will vouch for that. 

• 2 years later...

Anyone try this in x13? i just did and got a strange result.  Haven't used macros in CA before but the syntax and documentation seems pretty straightforward so not sure why I'm getting this result.

2022-05-07 (1).png

1 hour ago, divreig said:

Anyone try this in x13? i just did and got a strange result.  Haven't used macros in CA before but the syntax and documentation seems pretty straightforward so not sure why I'm getting this result.

2022-05-07 (1).png

You can do as Eric showed above, but for what it’s worth, it looks to me like you probably just failed to check Evaluated for your macro named “x”.  Just make sure the macro is set to Evaluated, Context:  Owner, and then try again.