Deck video

Fotis1960

1 hour ago, Fotis1960 said:

There was a video posted on here a couple of months ago on how to properly extend the deck to fit over sized rails. Does anyone have the link to the video.

thanks in advance.

Open the wall DBX and edit the width of the wall type.  The railing will center on the wall...

You might want to checkout the deck rail vids I have on YouTube.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys. This wasn't the video I saw, but this and the others on your youtube were helpful.

As I understand this video, I have to create a rail wall that only has newels and make it wider. If I leave the rails they will also be wider. Then I have to create my own rails and balusters and save as a molding. Is this correct?

2 hours ago, Fotis1960 said:

Thanks guys. This wasn't the video I saw, but this and the others on your youtube were helpful.

As I understand this video, I have to create a rail wall that only has newels and make it wider. If I leave the rails they will also be wider. Then I have to create my own rails and balusters and save as a molding. Is this correct?

Increasing the width of the wall type will not make your top rail wider.  The rails size is controlled in the railing DBX. 

Thanks. I got it now.

12 hours ago, SNestor said:

You might try this video...around 1:50 I start to describe the wall type and how the width controls where the jewels end up.  Hope it helps...