Polyline Union, Cannot Find it

mborean

Hello,

I've been trying to find the polyline union tool in X11.  The only place I could find it is when I assigned a hot key to it.  The hot key doesn't work.  Did this feature get removed from X11 or is it hidden somewhere.

Just spent an unproductive hour trying to solve this.

Thanks

Eric, thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, the Union tool is not in my Edit Toolbar, believe me, I've looked.

Lets see if my signature shows up now.

Mike

All,

Just got off the phone with tech support (those folks are awesome by the way), and found my problem.  It seems that I was creating rectangles using the "Box" tool instead of the rectangular polyline tool.  The Union tool does not work with boxes, circles, ellipses, etc.  It only works with closed polylines.  Apparently, I didn't get the memo.

I did stump the tech guy when asked if there was a default setting to fill all polylines with a solid or a pattern.  He couldn't find a way to do that.  Anyone have an answer to that?

Thanks again for your responses.

Mike

maybe you could create a filled polyline and save it to your lib. for future use. I do it for an earth fill for sections and send it to the back. don't forget to unblock it prior to adjusting the size

That isn't a bad idea.  My workaround, is to create the first closed polyline then copy/past then manipulate the geometry.  A bit of a pain in the backside however.