Graphics Card - Single or Dual with CA

RobUSMC

I'm looking to upgrade PC's (see my specs below of my current system that will be moving to a new designer we hired)  I'm wondering  whats the advantage and is is worth the the price go go from a single high quality graphics card to a dual card set.   The single card is NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti GDDR6 (OC Ready)   and the dual set is Dual NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 8GB GDDR6 each (NVIDIA NVLink SLI® Enabled) (OC Ready).       Does anyone run this configuration?    I know the processor is also extremly important.  I would pair it with  9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 9900K (8-Core/16-Thread, 16MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.7GHz on all cores)

As far as RAM whats the difference between 2666 MHZ and 2933 MHZ?  My options are 32GB DDR4 at 2666MHz Dual Channel or 32GB DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz Dual Channel HyperX™

IM not looking for another brand as we have a business account with Dell and where all our equipment comes from so I'm looking at building another Dell Alienware Aurora or  Area 51 as I've always heard a "gaming" pc usually works well with Chief due to upgraded components.

Thanks

I've stuck with Area 51 and Alienware  for 15 years, never had any problems keeping up. I also get a new one when needed about every 5 years. Then give the old one to one of the grandkids, they are always asking me to upgrade.

If you want to run a dual graphics card system then you should consider Mac.  Win 10 and SLI is awful.  Some apps support SLI and some you literally have to turn it off or it shuts it off for you...and then you forget to turn it back on, and frankly I never fully trusted it was on even when it said it was.

I think a single 2080 Ti is the best bet if you want Nvidia.  If you really really want to use dual card system on Win 10 then I would actually recommend you use crossfire.  AMD seems to have a better handle on dual card support which is probably related to their development with Apple.

I've pulled my other 2080 Ti out of my system and am allowing an employee to use it, since the $ to performance ratio just wasn't present.

I would recommend talking with CA technical support to see if CA even supports a dual graphics card setup, I don't believe it does. Just putting two or more graphics cards in your system dose not mean they will be utilized, the software program you use must be written to recognize and take advantage of them. It's similar to multi-threaded(cpu core) usage, those cores are available but it's primarily up to the software package as to their use or not.