Ceiling Tile Color in PBR - WIth / WIthout lighting

Evolution

I'm really intent on learning more about the software, and I do search the help files, user manual, KB and Vid's for all the help I can get before posting on this forum, because I know you all are busy. My issue now is as I am working on the Non Profit Remodel, I haven't finalized the interior reno's yet, as the client is out of the country, and the time lag keeps him from reviewing the updated drawings, given me his feed-back then me making his requested changes. So I'm just now getting to adding the lay-in ceiling (reflected ceiling plan) and doing a lighting plan.  I selected a 2X2 While ceiling tile and doing the PBR's for his review, the tile is showing up silver although I selected the white.  I tried the PBR with out lighting, then added lighting in both cases the tile are still showing up silver in all views. Or does it look the way it should to you?  It doesn't to me. I know I did over kill on the lighting in the big room (I actually plan on reusing the existing LED lighting) in the space and don't have the exact as built on the lighting yet but will correct it later.

Orphanos Foundation Renovations option 1.zip

Lighting Plan.png

Ceiling tile color with lighting.png

Ceiling tile color.png

Orphanos Foundation Renovations Option 1 (2).zip

Hi Bob,

I think you have too many lights turned up too high, 1500ln =100w

So many lights with 3 lights in one fitting.

I suggest make a room with only one light and experiment with the intensity.

The attached pics each have only one light and only 10ln.1064249166_CAOrphanosStandard.thumb.JPG.5fbffbb6876e0abf342016afcc95ab8f.JPG1737533589_CAOrphanos.thumb.JPG.412e398ab9949548c596919c6185aab5.JPG

Lighting a scene is very difficult and needs plenty of time to experiment.

How can you have a microwave above cooktop?

Edited by gelbuilding
add more content

Had a play with it. Cut down on the normal map which is emphasizing the dark part of the text in the image. Had a play with adjusting materials of the ceiling lights and the ceiling. Then lighting and sun. Not as good as the PBR guys but better. Included two PBR cameras with different settings for lights and sun but same material definitions.

189508092_KitPBR1.thumb.jpg.876806429c9c005a9ac6793cc984874a.jpg2100919599_KitPBR3.thumb.jpg.1d40861dc2a9ba5a44f9a3977d162ee3.jpg

3 hours ago, gelbuilding said:

How can you have a microwave above cooktop?

So long as it  is an OTR (over the range micro) you can. Actually it was the range and that comment that got me interested in this. The one pictured is not since it isn't the full width of the range. I still avoid them as a safety hazard (spilling hot liquids when removing at that height) and work flow bottleneck (second person can't get at micro when the cook is there).

There is no landing or clearance to the side of the range. NKBA guidelines are minimum 12" so you can turn a pot handle out and not have it over a burner. All appliance mfg list minimum to sides-usually 5 or 6" to combustible. In these parts inspectors use the mfg specs for code. Lastly there why bump up the cabinet above?

Orphanos Foundation Renovations adj.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:32 AM, MarkMc said:

Had a play with it. Cut down on the normal map which is emphasizing the dark part of the text in the image. Had a play with adjusting materials of the ceiling lights and the ceiling. Then lighting and sun. Not as good as the PBR guys but better. Included two PBR cameras with different settings for lights and sun but same material definitions.

189508092_KitPBR1.thumb.jpg.876806429c9c005a9ac6793cc984874a.jpg2100919599_KitPBR3.thumb.jpg.1d40861dc2a9ba5a44f9a3977d162ee3.jpg

So long as it  is an OTR (over the range micro) you can. Actually it was the range and that comment that got me interested in this. The one pictured is not since it isn't the full width of the range. I still avoid them as a safety hazard (spilling hot liquids when removing at that height) and work flow bottleneck (second person can't get at micro when the cook is there).

There is no landing or clearance to the side of the range. NKBA guidelines are minimum 12" so you can turn a pot handle out and not have it over a burner. All appliance mfg list minimum to sides-usually 5 or 6" to combustible. In these parts inspectors use the mfg specs for code. Lastly there why bump up the cabinet above?

Orphanos Foundation Renovations adj.zip

Mark your work is certainly the look that I wanted. I will take a look at the plan file and see If I can pick up on the settings etc., you used. I know my use of too many (on purpose) lights, turned up too high, was not the answer; it was an attempt to see if it produced any (tile) color change from the gray look I had to the white look yours produced.

As for the suggestions regarding the micro wave (it was a place holder for now) I plan on doing an exhaust hood over the range.  Not having the landing (min 12") I will move the range over and add a cabinet between the range and the tall cabinet. As far as to why I raised the wall cabinet over the range is something the builders / designers do in this area. The client wants a "French County Style for the cabinets and exhaust hood, so I've got to come back and make some changes to the cabinet anyway. 

Thanks everyone.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:19 AM, Evolution said:

color change from the gray look I had to the white look yours produced.

worked on this for 5 minutes..

reduced the bump significantly on the tile ceiling, it was far too heavy

adjusted all square lights to 200 lumens and set to have a slight yellow color

set sun to 60000 L and applied a slight yellow color.

changed backdrop..too much green, reflects into the room and tints all surfaces green.

increased exposure and brightness, checked "improve lighting"

1360305780_capture2.thumb.png.c2f5194f63c96ae397f762f0a70715b0.png

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

worked on this for 5 minutes..

reduced the bump significantly on the tile ceiling, it was far too heavy

adjusted all square lights to 200 lumens and set to have a slight yellow color

set sun to 60000 L and applied a slight yellow color.

changed backdrop..too much green, reflects into the room and tints all surfaces green.

increased exposure and brightness, checked "improve lighting"

1360305780_capture2.thumb.png.c2f5194f63c96ae397f762f0a70715b0.png

Looks good Rene.  One thing I (haven't fixed yet) noticed, are the lights are not centered in the grid (although I placed them in the 2X2 grid opening), but I know that has nothing to do with the over-all affect?