Room Selection Cross Section

breannahharmon

Does anyone know, if you can take the automatic cross-section. From DBL click on your room, on the right side of your screen and save it to your plan?

I have attached an image below. I have tried snipping or print screen, but I'm looking for a chief alternative. I want to be able to take this as a cad detail section and have it to scale in my plan.

SECTION QUESTION.PNG

SECTION.PNG

Edited by breannahharmon
Clarify

Are you trying to do a "cad detail from view" without actually doing it? If there is a particular detail like that you want (without doing the CDFV), I think you'll have to use your snipping tool (that should be loaded on your system) snip it, then paste it into Paint or similar, then save it as a PNG (or PDF) and then paste it into your plan as an image.  The more of these types of images you load into your plan will tend to slow other actions down (3D for example), I believe?

4 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Are you trying to do a "cad detail from view" without actually doing it? If there is a particular detail like that you want (without doing the CDFV), I think you'll have to use your snipping tool (that should be loaded on your system) snip it, then paste it into Paint or similar, then save it as a PNG (or PDF) and then paste it into your plan as an image.  The more of these types of images you load into your plan will tend to slow other actions down (3D for example), I believe?

Thanks, Evolution, yes I am trying to get the image as just a cad detail to show in my plan. Without having to copy and paste or snip/print screen. I didn't know if there was a way to just get a clean line drawing of the wall cross section like this into your plan. Without drawing it or using the cross section/back clip tools and having to heavily edit.

31 minutes ago, breannahharmon said:

Thanks, Evolution, yes I am trying to get the image as just a cad detail to show in my plan. Without having to copy and paste or snip/print screen. I didn't know if there was a way to just get a clean line drawing of the wall cross section like this into your plan. Without drawing it or using the cross section/back clip tools and having to heavily edit.

I think you're going to have to do what you don't want to do. It's not too bad once you get used to doing it and use the trim tools. I would send the elevation view to a cad detail and edit it from there.