Change number of hinges on an upper cabinet

sweetmelissa

I need 2 hinges on my upper cabinet instead of the default 3.  I need the hinges to be the "decorative hinge" from the core catalog.  I tried to place them manually, but can't seem to make that work.  Is there a way to make this happen? Thank you. 

1 minute ago, ShaneK said:

Cabinet Gurus will be chiming in soon,,,,,,, until then where did it tell you 3 hinges were default?

I just assumed 3 was default because that's how many are there and I see no way to change it through the cabinet specifications. 

AFAIK cabinets are hard wired to have 3 hinges if the height is greater than 39" (many makers have 3 at 39")

To change it visually you need a door symbol with two hinges and no knob or handle. Set cabinet to have hidden hinges. The bounding box and origin need to be adjusted. Made this one from a 15" cabinet. When turning into a symbol the bounding box wants to be 15 5/8 which includes the hinge. Changed BB to 15" then offset the X origin by 5/16 to center the box on the door, set the stretch zones so rails, stiles and hinges don't change when resizing. For some reason that I don't understand it needs to be made with hinges on the right to work properly. (Open Symbol and see what's going on, then go to videos or reference manual for more on symbols)

IF you need to change the hing quantity in the material list that gets done in the components tab. I included a simple macro that does that. It's in the two cabinets on the far left in the plan (not in the picture) one of which I set to default. You can do something similar to change the notation for hidden hinge if need be but only if you are serioulsy using the ML.

2 door cabinet.png

Two hinge door.plan

Thank you Mark, I will work on that when I have a bit more time than I have now.  Unfortunately, I haven't upgraded to X11 yet (trying to finish up a few jobs before I confuse the situation) so I can't open the plan you attached.  I'll try to go off your instructions though and see what I can do.  Maybe I will just make a note that there will only be 2 instead of 3 hinges on the layout if it proves to be too time consuming or difficult.  

47 minutes ago, sweetmelissa said:

I haven't upgraded to X11 yet

I didn't notice that since I often check here on my phone which doesn't show sigs and I tend to assume folks are up to date. Didn't' see that you were on X9 until I redid it in X10. Ah well. Sorry I only have 9 on my 2 in 1 and likely taking it off of there. In any case since I went ahead with it

FWIW you can ease into new things in X11 -worth the time and effort IMO.

X10 2 hinge.plan

• Like 1

On July 3, 2019 at 11:06 AM, sweetmelissa said:

but I finally got it. And, I upgraded.  

Way to go,ets easier with practice. 

Tip for getting used to new version : the PDF of the Reference Manual lists "what's new ". Each new feature listing has link to its page in the manual. Might want to get both X 10 & 11 manuals since there's been a lot. I still use that section