Creating a New Material

Evolution

Continuing to Work on the Orphanos Foundation Non Profit Remodel, and do PBR's for the spaces attempting to show them the reception, work and rest areas. I was attempting to create a new material from their logo photo. Selected it from their web page, did a screen capture, pasted it into paint and resized it then saved it to my materials folder.  I placed an easel from the library, opened and resized it selected materials from the object DBX, changing the picture from the default to my material but no matter what I've tried to do the pasted image is barely large enough to see. I've selected stretch to fit and that doesn't work. The image is still too small. I've gone into my user catalogue, found the new material, right clicked and opened the new material reside it to a larger size but after a number of resizings, still not happy with the results. I don't remember it being this hard before X11. 

Suffer the children.png

Orphanos Foundation Renovations option 1.zip

Stretch to fit.png

Easel with mountain.png

Easel.png

Resize material.png

New material.png

5 minutes ago, Evolution said:
15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Somehow your image is not full frame.  It needs to be borderless.

Chop, I know, but there are no options I haven't tried that I can see in the material dbx etc. to fix it.

Yes there is no way to do it directly in Chief.  It would be best to go back to the original screen capture or do it in a photo editor.

Post the website link if you need help.

Bob, Save the image from the website rather than doing a screen capture as I suspect you did.

Right click on your User Catalog folder in the Library > New > Material

Use the .png file as the Texture Source and name the material and set it to "Stretch to Fit"

Apply to easel and maybe try making the easel a little bit closer to square to reduce the distortion factor.

That should be about it.

Jesus and Kids material.calibz

21 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Bob, Save the image from the website rather than doing a screen capture as I suspect you did.

Right click on your User Catalog folder in the Library > New > Material

Use the .png file as the Texture Source and name the material and set it to "Stretch to Fit"

Apply to easel and maybe try making the easel a little bit closer to square to reduce the distortion factor.

That should be about it.

Jesus and Kids material.calibz

Thanks Chop. That's probably why It was working for me. On remodels I usually take photos of existing materials, brick etc. to use and usually save the photos to a file and then add them to my User library. It always worked ok that way.