Quad-Lock Floor

Joe_Carrick

Does anyone have experience with using this product? 

It would seem to be a good alternative for a Garage Floor above a Basement.  In the past, I have done such garage floors with Heavy Timber Beams, Joists and 1-1/4" Plywood sub-floor.  In some cases I've used a tile finish floor and in other cases just 2" concrete.

Comments appreciated.

They seem like a quality product.  They were a supplier on a house project I worked on, but the Owner ultimately went with traditional suspended slab.  I see a major advantage in built-in runs for infrastructure, insulation, dead loads.  I also believe the mfg. has a lot (if not all) of their various details uploaded to www.caddetails.com.  However, like many manufactured products a lot of people skip them in the end due to somewhat higher costs regardless of superiority over traditional construction.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

Does anyone have experience with using this product? 

It would seem to be a good alternative for a Garage Floor above a Basement.  In the past, I have done such garage floors with Heavy Timber Beams, Joists and 1-1/4" Plywood sub-floor.  In some cases I've used a tile finish floor and in other cases just 2" concrete.

Comments appreciated.

Hi Joe:

My dad who taught me years and years ago how to pour and build with concrete was always an early adopter of these kinds of systems and even though he in his 80's now he talked a friend of his into using this system for  a basement and they have been very happy with it. Bottom line is yes it costs a little more upfront but what it saves you in time and materials more than makes up for it. I do not know if that is the kind of feedback you are looking for.....I am considering using it in combination with SIPS panel construction for our new home.

I find the biggest problem with these systems is that builders and contractors are slow to change.

45 minutes ago, ShaneK said:

This was a quadlock floor, still required 1 beam but it is a 50' x 50' roomFB_IMG_1479814054249.thumb.jpg.7db9010aed8a822a85d74b9ca0a4823f.jpg

Just curious, why didn't you use the Quadlock floor throughout? Cost? Spans? Floor performance?