Bonus Libraries

Evolution

I just realized as I was attempting to down load a few bonus catalogues, even after selecting them for X11 2020, When I select open, they automatically default to X10 instead of X11 (although I selected the X11 file).  So checking my X10 all the catalogues I had previously down loaded (for X11   have all defaulted to X10) again, even though I had selected the file for X11.  I also noticed there is no option once you start the down load to select the software version to open the files with.  The only option I've found that is working is selecting Save, then once the down load is finished open the folder to see where it landed. I don't ever remember having to do that before ?

2 hours ago, Evolution said:

I just realized as I was attempting to down load a few bonus catalogues, even after selecting them for X11 2020, When I select open, they automatically default to X10 instead of X11 (although I selected the X11 file).  So checking my X10 all the catalogues I had previously down loaded (for X11   have all defaulted to X10) again, even though I had selected the file for X11.  I also noticed there is no option once you start the down load to select the software version to open the files with.  The only option I've found that is working is selecting Save, then once the down load is finished open the folder to see where it landed. I don't ever remember having to do that before ?

Bob...I had the same issue.  I use a MAC so not sure what the process is if your are using a PC but you need to direct .CALIB files to be opened with Chief X11.  See picture below...I'm showing a .PLAN file...but it's the same process for .CALIB files.

2019-06-26_19-51-33.thumb.png.82e946cc12656785025292afe2e0be30.png

I don't really ever have this problem. I guess it's the way I do it. When selecting the library from Chief's library content, I never do "open". I always do download and save it to my PC. then I open Chief >Library> import library and select the one I downloaded. Works just fine every time.

I have a Mac,  I had same problem.  this is what works for me.

I download file to my download library.

Then I drag the file from the download folder onto an open  CA11 plan file.

The new bonus library is now in my library.

You just need to set the "Opens with" setting in the properties for that type of file.

In Windows:

• Open the File Browser
  • Select a "calibz" file and open the "Properties Panel"
  • "Opens with:" CHANGE
  • Select "Chief Architect X11"

-or-

• Step (1): First of all, open Control Panel in Windows 10 PC and then go to Programs.
  • Step (2): On Programs window, click on " Make a file type always open in a specific program " option...
  • Step (3): Now, the Set Associations tool will start loading.
  • Step (4): Select the file extension whose application you want to change and then select the APP you want it to open with.

On a MAC it will be something similar.

We have to do this with each new version of Chief.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dshall said:

My way is similar to Scott's.

Thanks everyone! Seems like it takes more effort now than it did?  But maybe not, as this was the first time the files actually diverted to X10, even though I had selected X11?  I use a Surface Pro 4-I7 with windows 10. I've been bouncing back and forth between it and my Desk top and hadn't updated my signature with that info.

12 hours ago, dshall said:

i have a mac and essentially do the same, except i don't even open the download folder. I just drag it from the download tab on my browser to the CA icon and there it is. Easy peasy.

On 6/27/2019 at 6:12 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

You just need to set the "Opens with" setting in the properties for that type of file.

In Windows:

• Open the File Browser
  • Select a "calibz" file and open the "Properties Panel"
  • "Opens with:" CHANGE
  • Select "Chief Architect X11"

-or-

• Step (1): First of all, open Control Panel in Windows 10 PC and then go to Programs.
  • Step (2): On Programs window, click on " Make a file type always open in a specific program " option...
  • Step (3): Now, the Set Associations tool will start loading.
  • Step (4): Select the file extension whose application you want to change and then select the APP you want it to open with.

On a MAC it will be something similar.

We have to do this with each new version of Chief.

X11 now has a button in Preferences for you to do this Quickly on the General>File Management Tab too.

image.thumb.png.53a4355dc7e01c9f81e47fd13246db2a.png