Split level Door issue elevation Issue?

Ravenquills

Hi everyone:

I am having an issue with a split level. I am using Chief X11.

The plan i posted does not have foundations since when i add those things get really weird and I think I need to sort out the issue with the levels first or the foundation will never build right. I have a room that is going to be garage however no matter how i define it the door from that room into the main house is above the level of the ceiling. see attached photo. I have also attached the plan. The exterior walls are a sip wall customized according to the manufactures specifications with a layer for the furred interior walls. The total thickness on those walls is 10 5/8" The interior wall is a customized interior wall that is load bearing for use in certain areas of the design.

6242019 RFH (Shell2).plan

InkedPlt Level Door Issue1_LI.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ravenquills said:

Hi everyone:

I am having an issue with a split level. I am using Chief X11.

The plan i posted does not have foundations since when i add those things get really weird and I think I need to sort out the issue with the levels first or the foundation will never build right. I have a room that is going to be garage however no matter how i define it the door from that room into the main house is above the level of the ceiling. see attached photo. I have also attached the plan. The exterior walls are a sip wall customized according to the manufactures specifications with a layer for the furred interior walls. The total thickness on those walls is 10 5/8" The interior wall is a customized interior wall that is load bearing for use in certain areas of the design.

6242019 RFH (Shell2).plan

InkedPlt Level Door Issue1_LI.jpg

Just raise the ceiling in the garage to allow for the 80" tall door.  

If you cannot raise the garage ceiling...you will have to create a landing (48"x48" at least) inside the door...and drop that landing floor down about 7" (one step) to allow for the door height.

I'd just raise the Garage ceiling...

2019-06-26_15-38-27.thumb.png.9a365047579aace9cda0e149ba559d14.png  2019-06-26_15-41-12.thumb.png.832527c7de01508fe8d4add9623166bd.png

Okay I have raised the ceiling height and redefined the room as a garage and so far things look right. Due to terrain I want this to be a stepped foundation with the garage on a four inch slab with 8  an inch turn down and the main living space elevated by 42 inches when i tried this before the foundation did not build correctly. Are their specific setting I should be using to ensure that their is a proper concrete stem wall under the wall between the garage and the main living section and that there is not a concrete wall in the back wall of the garage up against the main living area?

Here is the updated plan so far.

6242019 RFH (Shell3).plan

17 minutes ago, Ravenquills said:

Okay I have raised the ceiling height and redefined the room as a garage and so far things look right. Due to terrain I want this to be a stepped foundation with the garage on a four inch slab with 8  an inch turn down and the main living space elevated by 42 inches when i tried this before the foundation did not build correctly. Are their specific setting I should be using to ensure that their is a proper concrete stem wall under the wall between the garage and the main living section and that there is not a concrete wall in the back wall of the garage up against the main living area?

Here is the updated plan so far.

6242019 RFH (Shell3).plan

I downloaded your plan and hit build foundation...below is the result.  Looks like it's working to me?

I attached the plan with the foundation.

6242019 RFH (Shell3) - foundation.plan

2019-06-26_16-25-48.thumb.png.0396c57b5e639cc3c933e9075fe8b5b4.png    2019-06-26_16-25-31.thumb.png.94ab1a183cc2daa43c24f1968a495fbb.png

33 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I downloaded your plan and hit build foundation...below is the result.  Looks like it's working to me?

It works but I do not want the concrete stem wall at the back the garage to be concrete in the garage. I tried a pony wall but that does not seem to work. I want the wall in the garage at the back to be drywall and the foundation stem wall below to be concrete. Hope that makes sense?

Best

a

51 minutes ago, Ravenquills said:

It works but I do not want the concrete stem wall at the back the garage to be concrete in the garage. I tried a pony wall but that does not seem to work. I want the wall in the garage at the back to be drywall and the foundation stem wall below to be concrete. Hope that makes sense?

Best

a

I made the wall a pony wall...and it seems to work well.  One trick (thanks to DSHall).  You need to pull your foundation wall around, push it up against the pony wall and then...make it invisible.  This will help with the turn down slab detail in the garage.  Hope that makes sense...look at the attached plan.

6242019 RFH (Shell3) - foundation 2.plan

2019-06-26_17-18-34.thumb.png.f5bf350bb834c4dc1ad4b9295e7a459d.png  2019-06-26_17-18-46.thumb.png.5261f105030039e153d7c06e99d90b07.png  2019-06-26_17-19-40.thumb.png.0d265d1618be97d5247506f5938bcbda.png

4 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I made the wall a pony wall...and it seems to work well.  One trick (thanks to DSHall).  You need to pull your foundation wall around, push it up against the pony wall and then...make it invisible.  This will help with the turn down slab detail in the garage.  Hope that makes sense...look at the attached plan.

I looked at the plan and i see how it is working but i have to say I would have never thought os doing it that way. THANKYOU! This should work well.  

13 hours ago, SNestor said:

Glad to help...I have a YouTube Page with lots of videos.  Check it out! (see link in my signature)

I found it earlier and have bookmarked it for future reference. Thanks much! I think I will be learning Chief for the rest of my life!

Best

a