Off-set lines in Layout when editing

Ridge_Runner

I have struggled with this problem for some time. When I send views to Layout, I will sometimes have a difficult time "picking" a line to edit (see attached view). By hit-and-miss I am able to select it off to the left from where it shows in the view. I could never determine why or what causes it to happen until today. I have sent countless views back to layout just so I could edit them - sometimes! By chance, I discovered today, while working on a cabinet sheet of views, the problem started again. I re-sent a view, could edit the lines in place by picking them where they showed in the view. After some edits, I could not select the lines as before; they had to be selected to the left of shown. I did a mental backtrack of what I had done just before this occurred. The only thing I had done different between the functioning view and the non-functioning view was to move the view label. I like to move the labels close to the view they tag to prevent possible errors in labeling. Sure enough, if I moved the label I could no longer pick a line as normal. If I didn't move the label, I could pick the lines as normal. Would someone please try this on one of your layout sheets to see if this happens on your system? I don't think it would be a setting but I don't have a clue why it would happen. BTW, I mostly move my labels to the left if that has any bearing.

Thanks, Mike

offset lines problem.JPG

Mike,

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour.

And, like you, the off-set selection only seems to happen if the layout box label is dragged to the left.

All seems OK if the label is dragged to the right.

Definitely worth a bug report.

I sent the plans and layout files to Chief. I have been working with Nigel on the issue of the layout lines. Below is his latest reply:

- Support Answer -

Nigel Cockle
Monday, Jul 01, 2019 - 12:25 PM PDT
Mike - 

Thank you so much for your patience regarding this issue. I have been working with my Development Department on this issue, and it appears you are correct, this is an issue that needs to be addressed by our Development Department in an update. While I am not sure when this will be addressed, I have forwarded your .plan files, and your .layout files to our Development Department. Thank you so much for your patience and determination; my Development Department will work to get this addressed as quickly as possible.

Nigel

In the meantime, the short answer is to keep the labels to the right of the left edge of the layout view and below the top edge of the layout view; you can also leave the label "inside" the layout view and the vector lines will be editable in-place.

Thanks, Nigel, for your efforts.
Mike
  • Upvote 1