Hasp

BrancheBuilders

I had to purchase a new computer.  I am using Chief Architect 9.0.  Is there a way to use this without a port that the hasp fits?  Can I use an adapter that the hasp can fit in?  I am retired and don't do as much as I use to.  Hoping to be able to continue to use this Version.  Thank you!!

3 hours ago, BrancheBuilders said:

I had to purchase a new computer.  I am using Chief Architect 9.0.  Is there a way to use this without a port that the hasp fits?  Can I use an adapter that the hasp can fit in?  I am retired and don't do as much as I use to.  Hoping to be able to continue to use this Version.  Thank you!!

Doesn't your new computer have a USB Port?  

8 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Doesn't your new computer have a USB Port?  

Back at Version 9 they may have been Serial Port not USB , but Serial Port to USB adapters are available , I'm just not sure if the Hasp will work with a Converter?

Your new computer may have a Serial Port ? Mine does , (also known as a Com Port) , but not all modern computer do , but there are also Serial port add-in cards available which may work.

M.

Yes, in the "Olden Days" they did have serial port dongles (I never owned or used one) I still have a functioning 9.5 dongle that runs that version in Windows XP x32 on a separate HD on my PC that I maintain to run antique software, like Versions 7, 9 and 10. Versions 11-21 all run nicely within Windows 10 on my PC. Version 7 us a password version, Versions9-11 require USB dongles, the other versions I have use the modern online software lock system via the "Locker".

DJP