WHERE THE HECK ARE THE WINDOW/DOOR HEADER DEFAULTS?

Renerabbitt

I've used the search tool and searched the forums and can't figure this one out.

Up until now I've used a custom window/door macro that called out headers...decided to switch to the framing labels and, welp, take a look:

1906051152_Capture(2).thumb.PNG.d3ca3b442d2a6e2f90b7dd0822e630a4.PNG

the window shows "4x12" as I like, the doors show "11-1/8 "even though the spec'd deflt is 11-1/4. my door default for that door is set to auto calc based on width, same as the window, yet I have two very different labels even though both use defaults....AND WHERE THE HECK ARE THE DEFAULTS??!! I can't find header label defaults anywhere, somehow they are different labels even though they are identical framing members

53 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Framing > Openings.    Looks like quite a mess Rene.  Hope you can get it straightened out.

Is it possible the Wall Detail got tweaked ?

thank you for that, still can't figure out why the member size is the same but the window header reports a 4x12!

Can't seem to duplicate with my test plan.  Are you sure the door and two lower window header labels are actually automatic ?

The 4 x 12 is the nominal size and that seems to be the way the Automatic Label is set up just the way it was a few versions ago when we asked for more control.

You must have %Formatted Depth% in there for the door somewhere.

Post a sample plan file and I will have a look.

13 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

the window shows "4x12" as I like, the doors show "11-1/8 "even though the spec'd deflt is 11-1/4. my door default for that door is set to auto calc based on width, same as the window, yet I have two very different labels even though both use defaults.

Might have to do with the top RO forcing the the header up and reducing the actual dimension? These are both set at 11 1/4 in the door DBX

Headers.thumb.png.ca6ead666a3880c147c97f0c14b311e4.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Might have to do with the top RO forcing the the header up and reducing the actual dimension? These are both set at 11 1/4 in the door DBX

Headers.thumb.png.ca6ead666a3880c147c97f0c14b311e4.png

bingo...this originated as someone elses plan and they had some very strange RO defaults for the hinge doors only..thank you, that was a new one for me