Reference Floor Layer Set

TDS_Drafting

How do I get the Reference Floor Layer Set option to show up in the Layer Set Manager dialog box? I'm running X11 and have no idea if chief got rid of that option or if I just can't find the check box that says, "display this". The Help window was no help. Just told me what it is and what it does.

Layer Set Management Dialog Box.PNG

Layer Set Management Dialog Box_Help.PNG

45 minutes ago, TDS_Drafting said:

How do I get the Reference Floor Layer Set option to show up in the Layer Set Manager dialog box? I'm running X11 and have no idea if chief got rid of that option or if I just can't find the check box that says, "display this". The Help window was no help. Just told me what it is and what it does.

Layer Set Management Dialog Box.PNG

Layer Set Management Dialog Box_Help.PNG

You probably just need to scroll down further...

If the "Reference Display Layer Set" doesn't appear...

- Then double click the floor #...this will open the "change floor/reference" DBX.  You should see what "ref" set you are currently using.  You can even edit this set right in this DBX....just click on the "Define" area of the DBX.

Scroll down...you may find it!

2019-06-19_21-24-39.thumb.png.a8b566f48e6834cb709d22d937f46485.png

If not...then,

2019-06-19_21-27-11.thumb.png.3abe0e19ca0f691aeac2c6f22f71caff.png

In X11, you can now display multiple reference floors all using different layer sets.  The ability to change which layer set is used for your reference floor display was removed from the Layer Set Management dialog as a result.  Unfortunately, our help file was not updated to correspond to the program changes to this dialog.  I apologize for any confusion that this has caused.

To specify any of the information associated with your reference display, you can use the Change Floor/Reference dialog.  The easiest way to get to this dialog is to click on the current floor button for any plan view.

You can also modify this information in the Saved Plan View specification dialog if you are using saved plan views.

More information about Reference Display and Saved Plan Views can be found in both the help files and training videos.  Doing a search on these terms should lead you to the most relevant information.

In the future, if you find any errors in the help files, please report them directly to our technical support team.  You can report problems here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/