ceiling drywall

winterdd

so i have a loft area in my tiny home and i have the walls stopping below. however, even after remaking the roof, the ceiling acts as if the walls are ballooning thru. how can i make the drywall remove the gaps in the ceiling? thanks! cant find anything on this issue.

Capture22.JPG

Capture23.JPG

hmmm, no walls in attic level. that being said, when dealing with a loft, how can i create the subflooring for the loft without creating a second floor? i tried creating a new level (2nd floor) and it messes the roof up of course. it's like i only need the floor level with no walls. 

1 hour ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

hmmm, no walls in attic level. that being said, when dealing with a loft, how can i create the subflooring for the loft without creating a second floor? i tried creating a new level (2nd floor) and it messes the roof up of course. it's like i only need the floor level with no walls. 

fixed a few things for you...

set level 0 floor defaults to slab on grade

set level 1 floor defaults to 90-1/8", this is to get your plate height to nominal 8' ceilings with a 2nd floor

set exterior walls to balloon through framing (now plate height is correct)

set foundation to auto-build

set roof defaults to lower ridge board size and be contained within the ceiling planes

set roof to auto build

aligned patio walls with exterior walls

built second floor with finished ceiling height of 1/8"

set 2nd level floor defaults to 2x6 floor framing lumber

drew a room divider, set 1 room to open below, set other room with no flat ceiling above

set room divider to hang platform etc.

rebuilt floor and ceiling framing..

you may need to re-build wall framing

you may need to adjust heights, roof etc...do this in floor defaults only!!

selby.plan

Capture4.thumb.PNG.1300659360767d2c7d6b130b147f7ef6.PNG