New User- Library Crashing/ Freezing Up

GVBDerin

As implied, I'm new to Chief Architect. I'm building my first model. Everything seems fairly intuitive, until I've started adding furniture. Now every time I add a new piece of furniture my library freezes up and I can't type into the search bar, scroll through the library files.....nada. Within the rest of the program, life continues as normal. Just the library is glitching. Is there a way to hide furniture within my model to help lessen the stress on the program? or do I need to move furniture to different layers and not just a general "furniture" layer??

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Chief. There are times when library issues are related to the video card or video driver, these are used to generate the previews when you select an item. Make sure your video drivers are up-to-date. You should also add to your signature your system specs and version of Chief, it is very helpful when others are attempting to assist with issues.

Graham is correct, but also keep in mind that if you have plants such as trees, flowers, etc., that could slow you down as well. If you are heavily detailing the views with other interior fixtures, then that could slow things as well. Don't use high face count symbols.