X10 Can't restore toolbars

TennVol

Toolbars have disappeared and no matter what I've tried, can't get them  back. When I click on View - Tool Pallet, it brings up an empty DB. I've done a repair, restore to defaults, etc. and no go. Gone through the process on the Chief KB.  Hate to have to reinstall and re-download libraries,mfr catalogs, etc.  Any ideas before I do that?   Thanks.

22 minutes ago, TennVol said:

When I click on View - Tool Pallet, it brings up an empty DB.

I believe that would be normal unless you have changed some settings.

Have you tried View>Toolbars?

Have you tried Preferences>Reset Options>Reset Toolbars or Reset Side Windows?

2 hours ago, TennVol said:

After I rebooted my PC, View Toolbars worked this time.

Do you run CA for long periods of time? I sometimes have to reboot periodically, especially when these things begin to happen. CA just seems to develop "quirks" when it has been running for awhile. No rhyme or reason but I have noticed it for years, as have others. This has been discussed on the forum before. My biggest struggle with X11 is with toolbars; they disappear, change locations, dock to the sides or top or bottom by themselves without me changing them. I went to a new PC with multiple monitors with X11. I suspect that is part of the struggle but not sure why and I cannot duplicate it when it happens. When I set the toolbars they should stay put. I have gone thru Help and read others' comments - hasn't help so far.

Edited by Ridge_Runner
additional info

for anyone finding this thread, you can always manually search for your toolbar files by doing a system-wide search of ".toolbar"

you will need the corresponding toolbar.bak file and .png file as well.

additionally you can always rename a custom toolbar to take the place of CA's built-in toolbars...make sure to backup everything