possible to create out of plumb wall?

Lighthouse

Just to be trendy, I want to create a wall this is off-plumb by 20 degrees or so.  In other words, it is angled in section, not in plan.  I know I can do this with polyline solids, but I want a real wall that I can put windows in, etc.  I don't see any obvious way to do it.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Slanted walls have not made it to Chief yet, I hope they show up on future updates. If you are willing to spend the time and model these types of walls, you could:

Draw the wall in AutoCAD and import it as a symbol with stretch planes.

Create a symbol in Chief for it, using p-line solids, add doors and windows (you'd have to revert to the original plan where the symbol was created to make edits and re save as symbol).

Last but, more complex is roof planes, the issue will be that they auto-create other parts when close to a wall or ceiling.

As far as the comment about the structure, that is up for debate, slanted walls are nothing new, are used in commercial buildings all the time.

No need for autocad, it can be done easily within Chief in a couple of seconds using Convert Selection To Symbol     .

This shows the whole wall slanted, but you may want the inside face vertical, which would involve other techniques.

All this gives you is a symbol with no wall "smarts", but may serve your purposes.

There are several different techniques available, depending on what functionality you want the wall to have and how the wall is constructed. 

New Image_149.jpg

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, glennw said:

No need for autocad, it can be done easily within Chief in a couple of seconds using Convert Selection To Symbol     .

This shows the whole wall slanted, but you may want the inside face vertical, which would involve other techniques.

All this gives you is a symbol with no wall "smarts", but may serve your purposes.

There are several different techniques available, depending on what functionality you want the wall to have and how the wall is constructed. 

New Image_149.jpg

hmmm, I haven't used "convert selection to symbol" but I will research that, thanks very much!

100% possible although it takes some time. You need to create a roof at the desired angle you want your wall at. The edit the layer to replicate a wall instead of a roof. If you want to show framing you will need to create polyline solids on the angle. 

image.png

image.png

1 minute ago, ThePermitGuy said:

100% possible although it takes some time. You need to create a roof at the desired angle you want your wall at. The edit the layer to replicate a wall instead of a roof. If you want to show framing you will need to create polyline solids on the angle. 

image.png

image.png

cool,  but can you put a window in a roof?  Would I modify a skylight to look like a window?

Just now, ThePermitGuy said:

Yeah that's where it gets tricky. The opening I used a skylight. For windows it would be the same.

I once needed a parabolic roof which I made out of terrain, and reassigned the materials as you describe.  Of course it didn't act like a roof so I had to manually edit the walls to meet the "roof".  I used terrain holes and made PS skylights.  PITA, but it was kind of cool